The UFC is back in the APEX facility this weekend with a card headlined by two of the best bantamweights in the promotion. At UFC Vegas 71 former champion Petr Yan will be taking on Merab Dvalishvili.
Yan lost his belt to Aljamain Sterling in his first defense and then failed to get it back in an immediate rematch. Dvalishvili is on an eight fight winning streak, but it seems unlikely he will ever challenge his close friend and training partner Sterling for the belt. The co-main for this one is a heavyweight clash between Alexander Volkov and Alexandr Romanov.
Making the fight card a bit more special than the usual APEX fare is the inclusion of Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann, which was supposed to headline a UFC Vegas card a few weeks ago but got pulled, during the event, when Krylov fell ill.
The prelims have some interesting match-ups including JJ Aldrich vs. Ariane Lipski and Raphael Assuncao vs. Davey Grant.
But before these fights can happen, we need to hit the scales. The official weigh-ins happen at 12 p.m. ET. Keep it locked on this page for all the results as they happen.
Main card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Bantamweight: Petr Yan (136) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (134.5)
- Heavyweight: Alexander Volkov (258) vs. Alexandr Romanov (264.5)
- Catchweight (215 lbs): Nikita Krylov (213) vs. Ryan Spann (213)
- Featherweight: Ricardo Ramos (154)* vs. Austin Lingo (145.5)
- Bantamweight: Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135.5)
- Light heavyweight: Vitor Petrino (204) vs. Anton Turkalj (205)
Prelim card (3 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Heavyweight: Karl Williams (240.5) vs. Lukasz Brzeski (245)
- Bantamweight: Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Davey Grant (136)
- Middleweight: Sedriques Dumas (184.5) vs. Josh Fremd (186)
- Bantamweight: Mario Bautista (136) vs. Guido Cannetti (136)
- Flyweight: JJ Aldrich (125.5) vs. Ariane Lipski (125.5)
- Bantamweight: Tony Gravely (136) vs. Victor Henry (136)
- Flyweight: Tyson Nam (125.5) vs. Bruno Silva (125.5)
- Welterweight: Carlston Harris (169.5) vs. Jared Gooden (177)*
*Ricardo Ramos misses weight by 8 lbs. His fight with Austin Lingo has been cancelled.
**Jared Gooden misses weight by 6 lbs.
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and deputy site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written longform and investigative pieces. (full bio)