Welcome to Hey Not the Face!, the podcast that provides expert analysis on all aspects of combat sports finance with an intense focus on fighter pay. Hey Not the Face! will also feature updates on both antitrust suits against the UFC, in-depth comparisons of boxing pay vs. MMA pay, thorough examinations of contracts and more. The show is hosted by John Nash and airs twice monthly. No permanent schedule has been worked out, but we’ll make sure to notify everyone via our various social media platforms when new shows are released. As always, we hope you enjoy listening.
EPISODE 9: EXAMINING OPTIONS OF FRANCIS NGANNOU & NATE DIAZ
- How did we get here because both became free agents in different ways because they had very different contracts?
- Was Ngannou released or did he leave after his contract ended?
- What do you think the UFC really offered to him?
- What about Jon Jones?
- What about the PFL/Jake Paul offer?
- What about that Rizin offer?
- What other options are out there for Nate?
- Why is a return to the UFC not unlikely and very good for Nate?
- What can PFL offer him? What is their drawback?
- What can Bellator offer him and what is his drawbacks?
- What are his options realistically in boxing?
Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the Bloody Elbow Presents name. Follow John’s Twitter account: @heynottheface. If you enjoy our variety of shows, please give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, and give us a “like”, share & subscribe on your BE Presents Podcast platform of choice: YouTube, SoundCloud, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Audible, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, OverCast, PocketCasts, Castro, Castbox, Player FM, Podcast Republic. Follow your favorite ‘Bloody Elbow Presents’ hosts on your preferred apps, such as: Downcast, PodCruncher, iCatcher!, Castaway 2, BeyondPod (Android), & more in the App Store! For previous episodes, check out our playlists on any of our BE Presents channels.