A pair of UFC veterans will share the Octagon at the end of the year.
Cub Swanson and Darren Elkins are expected to meet at an upcoming UFC Vegas 45 Fight Night event scheduled for Dec. 18 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The featherweight fight was recently added to the official event page of the promotion and later confirmed by both Swanson and Elkins on their respective social media accounts.
Swanson recently suffered a first-round technical knockout loss to Giga Chikadze at UFC on ESPN: Reyes vs. Procházka this past May. Prior to the loss to Chikadze, the 37-year-old snapped a career-worst four-fight losing streak by defeating Kron Gracie in a ‘Fight of the Night’ awarded performance at UFC Fight Night: Joanna vs. Waterson and knocking out Daniel Pineda at UFC 256.
Elkins also snapped a career-worst four-fight losing streak with consecutive wins over Luiz Eduardo Garagorri and Darrick Minner at UFC on ESPN: Santos vs. Teixeira and UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw. ‘The Damage’ is tied with former featherweight champion Max Holloway for most UFC appearances in the division, with 22 to his name. That record will be broken after the Swanson fight.
The UFC Vegas 45 Fight Night event is set to be headlined by a heavyweight fight between Chris Daukaus and Derrick Lewis. The current lineup is as follows:
- Chris Daukaus vs. Derrick Lewis
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Ricky Simon
- Cub Swanson vs. Darren Elkins
- Raquel Pennington vs. Julia Avila
- Amanda Lemos vs. Nina Nunes
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Josh Parisian
- Justin Tafa vs. Harry Hunsucker
- Matt Sayles vs. Jordan Leavitt