Welcome to Crooklyn’s Corner, the podcast that’s basically a hodgepodge of topics focused on the combat sports and entertainment community. The show will feature special interviews, fantasy matchmaking/analysis and whatever else we can come up with to keep our listeners steeped in fresh and engaging content. The show is hosted by Stephie Haynes and airs when needed to fill gaps in our Bloody Elbow Presents podcast network.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed or questions asked. Time stamps won’t always be available as our conversations tend to be very fluid and bounce back & forth frequently. However, when fantasy matchmaking and analysis is the focal point of an episode, we will definitely timestamp when each fight breakdown begins. As always, I hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as I enjoyed recording it.
- What drew you to this particular sport?
- From the time you became a fan, how long was it before you became a full-fledged analyst?
- In the time you’ve been exposed to the sport, how much improvement/evolution do you think has been made in fighter skillsets?
- Which fighter do you think has evolved most over the last five years?
- Which fighter has devolved the most over the last five years?
- The British MMA scene has been pretty hot over the last few years and we have several guys and gals making waves. Give your assessment of the ceiling for the following fighters:
- Darren Till
- Leon Edwards
- Tom Aspinall
- Molly McCann
- Paddy Pimblett
- Brand new guy: Ian Garry (I know he’s from Ireland, just figured I’d ask about him too)
- Has the UK/Irish MMA scene made any advancement toward losing the “can’t wrestle” stereotype they’re known for?
- Who is your absolute favorite fighter and why?
- Least favorite and why?
- What in-fight mistake pisses you off the most?
- If you could change something in Cyril Gane’s skillset, what would it be?
- Give me your assessment of what Poirier-Oliveira looks like
- Do you get angry fans that get aggy about an analysis you’ve made? If so, how do you deal with that, because you are incredibly quick-witted, so I’m curious if you end up hurting feelings.
- Do you have outside hobbies or are you like Mookie Alexander, the most died-in-the-wool sports fan and nothing else is going to take time away from that outside family and work?
- Are you a movie/television snob like Zane and Connor?
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the Bloody Elbow Presents name. Follow Crooklyn’s Twitter account: Stephie Haynes and the show account Crooklyn’s Corner.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.