Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
BEST OF WEEK 73:
- The Tough Business podcast interview with Dana White was embarrassing
- Dana White thinks he doesn’t work for someone. He’s wrong
- Dana White refers to UFC as “My business.” That’s not true
- Dana White refers to UFC as “My company.” Again, that’s a no
- Dana White says no layoffs during pandemic. Ignores that the fighters aren’t employees and that those fighters might not have earned a cent
- Travis Browne tries to say Dana White kept food on tables of the fighters during the pandemic. That’s not true
- White brags about the safety of the UFC during the pandemic. I show that’s not really true
- Dana White has thick skin? “C’mon now…”
- Dana White and humanity inside him… “C’mon now…”
- Dana White rants about the scumbag media and tries to convince someone the media doesn’t know about the UFC’s business
- Travis Browne kisses the ring when it comes to fighter
- An attack on Francis Ngannou and his management
- I agree Dana White has good people working for him, but does he allow them to shine?
- Humble Dana White
- White on people not going back to work and looking to live off the government
- Nearly 46 minutes into the interview of White as a business man and not one mention of the Fertitta brothers.
- Darren Stewart floats the idea of a flat rate for all UFC fighters - I agree and I think it’ll bring better and more exciting fights
- Sorry, Jake Paul, you are not affecting Dana White’s business, at least not right now
- Dana White can’t help but put his foot in his mouth, even when he does the right thing
- Colby Covington’s shtick is more important to him than improving as a fighter?
- UFC tries to bully Al Iaquinta
- Conor McGregor used 9/11 as an excuse to promote Proper 12
- Conor McGregor decides to get in a scuffle with Machine Gun Kelly
- The World MMA Awards screwed up and so did The Mac Life
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.