Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC Vegas 35 Recap:
- Dana White says TUF was a success, but did it add ESPN+ subscribers? That’s the big question.
- Would the UFC be doing a favor to Kevin Lee by releasing him?
- Sam Alvey gets another shot in the UFC after an 0-6-1 run? Is it all about the money?
- Robbie Lawler is ranked No. 15 in the official UFC welterweight rankings?
- Chris Tognoni made the right call.
- Props to the UFC production team for the Giga Chikadze video.
- Mana Martinez overcomes a lot of adversity.
- Pat Sabatini has the right mindset.
- Keep an eye on Dustin Jacoby and his striking.
- Sam Alvey should only be mad at himself, not the judges.
- Abdul Razak Alhassan didn’t break a sweat.
- Gerald Meerschaert reminds us he’s no pushover.
- Daniel Rodriguez makes the most of his opportunity.
- Ricky Turcios vs. Brady Hiestand was a fun scrap.
- Bryan Battle is a work in progress.
- Edson Barboza is still a dangerous man.
- Giga Chikadze is for real.
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley Recap:
- Montana Love was the star of the show.
- Jake Paul did not impress overall, but considering what he’s done in a short time, he deserves some leeway and respect.
- Jake Paul vs Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor? I’m not sure how those fights would work out for Jake Paul.
- It was the worst-case scenario for Tyron Woodley.
- Is Jake Paul going to keep the pressure on the UFC pay structure? I have my doubts.
- The legacy of Tyron Woodley and a question about why MMA seems so focused on the idea of legacy.
- Woodley represented the MMA community? No, Woodley represented Tyron Woodley.
- A fixed fight? “C’mon now…”
- The card was worth the price, but mostly thanks to Montana Love
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.