The referee and judges have been made official for Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 3.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) held its monthly meeting and approved the assignment of veteran referee Herb Dean to oversee the third fight between McGregor and Poirier. Dean also oversaw the first and second fights between McGregor and Poirier that took place at UFC 178 and UFC 257 respectively.
Alongside Dean will be fellow veteran referees Jason Herzog and Marc Goddard, who were both selected to officiate the rest of the card.
The assignments of the cageside judges were approved as well. Sal D’Amato, Derek Cleary and Junichiro Kumijo have been tapped to score the action should it go the distance. McGregor and Poirier 3 is scheduled for five rounds since it is the headliner for UFC 264.
UFC 264 takes place on Saturday, July 10 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Another featured fight on the main card of the pay-per-view event is a welterweight showdown between ranked contenders in No. 2 Gilbert Burns and No. 4 Stephen Thompson. The return of bantamweight showstopper Sean O’Malley is also set as he opens the show against short-notice promotional newcomer, Kris Moutinho.
Here is the official lineup for UFC 264:
Main Card (10 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
- Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho
Preliminary Card (8 PM ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin
- Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
Early Preliminary Card (6:15 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye
- Brad Tavares vs. Omari Akhmedov
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jerome Rivera
- Alan Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong