Bellator isn’t looking to sign UFC veteran Diego Sanchez anytime soon, according to MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck.
Heck reports that Bellator CEO Scott Coker has no interest in adding Sanchez to the Bellator roster following his release from the UFC last week.
Scott Coker just told me that Bellator will not be looking to add Diego Sanchez to the roster now that he is a free agent.— Mike Heck (@MikeHeck_JR) May 6, 2021
“Scott Coker just told me that Bellator will not be looking to add Diego Sanchez to the roster now that he is a free agent.”
Sanchez was released from the UFC shortly after his withdrawal from UFC on ESPN 24, where he was scheduled to take on former JacksonWink teammate Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone on the main card. The 16-year UFC veteran and former lightweight title challenger plans to expose the UFC’s corruption and fears the premiere fight promotion might come after him and possibly ‘suicide’ him.
“I’m outside this company now. And to be honest with you, I’m gonna tell you both guys frankly right now. I’m fearful, man. I’m fearful for my motherf—ng life,” Sanchez said. “I’m fearful that this company, this billion-dollar monopoly company worldwide, is gonna come after me.
“Something might happen to me in two years. Maybe in a couple of years, maybe something happens. Maybe I wreck my truck, maybe something happens. ‘Oh, Diego overdosed, some suicide shit.’ I don’t know. But I would not put anything past the level of evil that is within this corporation.”
Sanchez, 39, leaves the UFC with a record of 19-13 (30-13 MMA) and is considered a legend of the sport and early pioneer of the UFC.