Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC Vegas 27 Recap:
2. Court McGee gets a win. The benefits of being a “lunchpail” type of fighter and the advice of a 70-year-old widow
4. I have a lot of problems with how Edmen Shahbazyan’s team is handling his (very) young MMA career and I’m going to tell you about it
5. Norma Dumont, Felicia Spencer, Amanda Nunes and what UFC Vegas 27 might tell us about the UFC women’s featherweight division
8. Begging for bonuses is a worse look for the UFC than the promotion thinks
10. When a fight gets canceled for health reasons, like Yancy Medeiros vs. Damir Hadzovic was at UFC Vegas 27, that’s a bit of a vague reason? No?
More from the Daily C’mon Now MMA Podcast:
1. The Amanda Ribas COVID-19 timeline is a mess. Why did the UFC book a fighter for a bout when they still had COVID-19? Is Angela Hill going to get paid? When did Ribas first test positive? There’s a lot of things to be concerned about here.
2. The 10-8 score in the ‘Chandler vs. Oliveira’ fight had some confused. That confusion remained after the judge read the scoring criteria and explained his reasoning. Fans, commentators and fighters need to understand the scoring has changed from the old days.
3. MMA media shouldn’t provide Joshua Fabia with a soapbox from which to pontificate, but it should challenge him
5. Is Sean O’Malley getting the Michael Page treatment from the UFC?
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.