Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
Part 1: UFC Vegas 24 Recap
- Tony Gravely gets things started in style
- Austin Hubbard takes his time to figure things out
- Gerald Meerschaert sets a UFC middleweight record
- Jessica Penne is back and gets the win
- A weird heavyweight battle
- It took Luis Pena some time, but he found his groove
- Tracy Cortez had a impressive performance
- Jacob Malkoun can wrestle
- Andrei Arlovski gets the win
- Robert Whittaker puts together a great performance
- Drakkar Klose Should Sue Jeremy Stephens. Yes, for real
Part 2: UFC Happenings
- Conor McGregor sexual assault case dismissed
- Conor McGregor had no right to put restrictions or stipulations on a promised donation after the fact
- Brendan Schaub has a good take on Rose Namajunas and her misplaced comments on Weili Zhang
- Could Dana White try to influence ESPN working a deal with Ariel Helwani?
- The UFC’s long push to promote UFC and not fighters will pay off if fighters try to form an association/union
- It’s time to look at how inflation has affected UFC “fight-night bonus awards” and UFC fighter starting pay
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.