Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC 260: Rapid Fire Review -
1. Marc-André Barriault vs Abu Azaitar - This one had bad reffing, bad cornering and bad commentary
2. Overall, Joe Rogan and Daniel Cormier did a good job at commentating UFC 260
3. The UFC betting show seemed like a conflict of interest to me. If not, it was a little bit shady
4. Omar Morales vs. Shane Young
5. Michal Oleksiejczuk vs. Modestas Bukauskas and the wrong discussion on scoring
6. Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jared Gooden - Nurmagomedov showed he’s more than a wrestler
7. Alonzo Menifield vs. Fabio Cherant
8. Jamie Mullarkey vs. Khama Worthy and what makes individual sports rough to watch at times
9. Miranda Maverick vs. Gillian Robertson and the development of a young contender
10. Sean O’Malley vs Thomas Almeida - O’Malley needs to stop looking for a viral moment. Also, O’Malley didn’t deserve a bonus after screwing up so badly in the first round
11. Vicente Luque Tyron Woodley - Does Woodley get another fight in the UFC?
12. Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou - Ngannou has developed and Miocic made a BIG mistake
13. Daniel Cormier was giddy with the thought of Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou
14. Dana White is already setting the stage for Jon Jones to not face Ngannou by implying that Jones is intentionally pricing himself out of the fight
15. Derrick Lewis a possibility for Ngannou - When it comes to negotiating the UFC, like the USG, is looking for the lowest bidder
16. Will Dana White throw Jon Jones under the bus if things start to get ugly?
17. Things might get personal between Jon Jones and Dana White
18. Does the UFC give Stipe Miocic a trilogy fight if he wants it? We know Miocic is not a UFC guy, so I wouldn’t hold my breath
Additional Highlights from the Daily Show:
1. The DraftKings deal is a big thing for the UFC, but not for the fighters and it doesn’t put them in the same area code as MLB, NHL, NFL or NBA players
2. Talking doctors deciding on fighters careers and the win-show pay structure
3. I like the changes Tony Ferguson is making
4. MMA media can and should call UFC staff on their lies. Otherwise they are just part of the UFC PR team
5. Junior dos Santos says the UFC cut him after he said he wanted time to recover from a concussion
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.