On Monday, Evander Holyfield’s manager Kris Lawrence released a statement claiming Mike Tyson declined their fight offer. According to Team Holyfield’s representative, Tyson rejected a $25 million guarantee for a third fight on May 29.
“We thought this was a done deal but it quickly fell apart when Tyson’s people declined all offers. We were negotiating in good faith all along and it appears we just ended up wasting our time,” Lawrence stated.
In a recent conversation with Fight Hype, Tyson contradicted Lawrence’s claims. According to the former undisputed heavyweight world champion, the two camps are already ironing out the documents to finalize a deal.
“The only thing we have to do is some small, fundamental difference to get some paperwork done. Then it’s on to the races with me and Evander,” Tyson said.
“The fight is on with me and Holyfield. And Holyfield’s a humble man, I know that. And he’s a man of God, but I’m God’s man. And I’mma be successful May 29th.”
Tyson announced his second boxing fight during an episode of his podcast with Canelo Alvarez and Henry Cejudo last week. He says it will take place at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.