Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC VEGAS 21 in Review -
1. Matthew Semelsberger teaches Jason Witt a lesson about low kicks.
2. Gloria de Paula made a mistake that cost her a win against Jinh Yu Frey.
3. JJ Aldrich outworked Cortney Casey, but there was some controversy.
4. Nasrat Haqparast is a fighter to keep an eye on in the lightweight division.
5. Rani Yahya did Rani Yahya things.
6. Charles Jourdain vs Marcelo Rojo deserved a “Fight of the Night” bonus.
7. Things go right for Angela Hill.
8. Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart and another illegal knee.
9. The UFC commentary team drops the ball in a big way.
10. Manel Kape might be running out of time.
11. Davey Grant bounces back from a knockdown.
12. Dan Ige gets a big knockout.
13. UFC commentators argue about the time of the knockout instead of giving Dan Ice his props.
14. Is Daniel Cormier suited for the role of in-fight commentary?
15. Ryan Spann is making progress.
16. A lot of thoughts on Leon Edwards vs Belal Muhammad.
17. UFC gloves and MMA judges not calling fouls
1. Dana White gets close to telling us that the lightweight situation is all about money and McGregor.
2. The DraftKings deal is a big thing for the UFC, but not for the fighters and it doesn’t put them in the same area code as MLB, NHL, NFL or NBA players.
3. Talking doctors deciding on fighters careers and the win-show pay structure.
4. What the Hell is Going on With the UFC’s Deal With Venum?
5. Khamzat Chimaev, Dana White, Ramzan Kadyrov and how Chimaev is not being treated like a person but as a commodity, a tool, a piece of equipment.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.