Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC 259 in Review -
Part I: The Fights
- Trevin Jones gets the KO.
- Uros Medic looked great in pitching a shutout.
- Amanda Lemos almost throws a shutout.
- Sean Brady is a guy at welterweight.
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg was sloppy but entertaining. Also, not a lot of defense.
- Tim Elliott looks good against Jordan Espinosa but those accusations need to be investigated.
- Kai Kara-France seemed pissed.
- Talking Askar Askarov and Joseph Benavidez and their different futures.
- Yes, I’ll watch Kyler Phillips’ next fight.
- Dominick Cruz looks different, but gets the win.
- Aleksandar Rakic vs. Thiago Santos was not a snoozer, but it could have had more action.
- Islam Makhachev is ready for a big test.
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan was…interesting?
- Amanda Nunes does Amanda Nunes things.
- Jan Blachowicz keeps his title, but Israel Adesanya deserves props.
Part 2: The Craziness
- Dana White wants to hold a super spreader event in Texas with no stated plan.
- Dana White goes on a rant about MMA scoring. He was wrong to do so.
- Trevin Jones on how short notice fights have prepared him for resetting between rounds.
- Uros Medic beat up Aalon Cruz for almost a minute while the commentators cried for a stoppage.
- Daniel Cormier delivers a Voiceover with sound quality that was awful.
- Jason Herzog had a good stoppage during the Amanda Lemos fight.
- Tim Elliott makes some serious allegations against Jordan Espinosa during their UFC 259 fight.
- Kai Kara-France and Herb Dean’s non-stoppage - Kara-France calls his newborn son “bro” and both fighters were ranked No. 8.
- Daniel Cormier notices the Draft Kings clock well into the fight.
- Props to the UFC graphics team for making the switch from “Yadong” to “Song” between rounds.
- Dominick Cruz calls out Monster Energy Drink rep.
- UFC should get behind Islam Makhachev - Also did he win via shoulder pressure from half guard? Did Makhachev make his own catchphrase?
- Is Khabib Nurmagomedov bulking up on Dana White’s dime?
- A lot to say about the Petr Yan / Aljamain Sterling incident - including why Joe Rogan should not have said (four times) that Sterling was concussed.
- Commentators and favoritism.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.