Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
- I have some questions about the UFC celebrating Black History Month after Dana White went all-in on Donald Trump
- It appears that Charles Oliveira might miss out on a deserved UFC lightweight title shot
- The UFC uses its fighters for mental health PR, but does not give them mental health benefits and that’s pretty shady
- Casey Kenney, Tim Welch and Sean O’Malley do some stupid stuff on their podcast and Kenney should pay a price
- Dana White says the UFC official rankings are important for matchmaking. Cool, now how about some transparency so the fighters, fans and media know those rankings are legit?
- Was the talk of a UFC roster purge a bluff to convince fighters to take fights they might not have accepted?
- Matt Brown has a troubling attitude toward Steven Marrocco’s story on Spencer Fisher “The cost of being ‘The King”
- Dana White tries to make Fisher’s story about Dana White
- Conor McGregor’s coach, John Kavanagh makes excuses for Conor McGregor eating leg kicks from Dustin Poirier
- Did arrogance of McGregor and his coach at SBG lead to McGregor’s loss?
- A fighter doesn’t need to feel the pain of a strike to train for it
- Are McGregor’s coaches deferring to McGregor?
- Is McGregor running his camp and training? If so, he needs to end that.
- McGregor needs to develop and rely less on speed, power and athleticism as he ages
- I don’t think McGregor is a quitter, I think he doesn’t train uncomfortable positions and situations
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.