Last week, manager Ali Abdelaziz claimed that Nate Diaz was down to the last fight in his UFC contract. According to him, it’s the reason why a supposed fight against his client Vicente Luque is no longer happening because the UFC would rather “make money” and book a third fight between Diaz and Conor McGregor, instead.
“I think the only way the UFC will agree to make this fight happen [is] if Nate re-signs with the UFC,” Abdelaziz said. “But I don’t know if this is good for Nate to re-sign with the UFC.”
Late last week, Diaz posted this tweet that got fans wondering.
On Saturday, UFC president Dana White finally cleared the air on the Nate Diaz contract situation. While he did confirm Abdelaziz’s claim, he also shut down the potential Tony Ferguson matchup.
“He’s got one more fight. We’re working on a fight for him. Tony wasn’t one of the guys we’re working on, but we’re working on a fight for Nate now. He’s got one more fight left,” White told the media during the UFC Vegas 41 post-fight presser.
The 36-year-old Diaz is currently on a two-fight skid. He last saw action at UFC 263 against Leon Edwards and lost by decision.