Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
UFC VEGAS 39 RECAP:
- Steve Garcia breaks Charlie Ontiveros
- Lupita Godinez uses her wrestling to set up her win
- Damon Jackson remains composed
- NSAC doctor did a good job
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Felipe Colares left me disappointed
- Matheus Nicolau found his timing and Tim Elliott’s team screwed up
- Randy Brown is making moves
- Marina Rodriguez continues her roll in 2021
- Mackenzie Dern needs to work on takedowns and she’s still a title threat
- Jason Parillo is a great coach
- Is Carla Esparza Next?
- Can Mackenzie Dern fix her wrestling?
- Is Marina Rodriguez a candidate for 2021 Fighter of the Year?
- Why did NSAC nix the James Krause fight?
- Was the UFC with James Krause fighting?
- What’s up with Jon Anik and bloodshed?
More from the daily show this week:
- Maybe it’s time to book Henry Cejudo vs. Alexander Volkanovski
- Finding fault with Chael Sonnen’s idea that UFC keeping Jon Jones is the biggest punishment
- Herb Dean’s defense of not stopping the Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega fight falls short
- MMA media dropped the ball
- Why did UFC release Anderson Silva, but not Georges St-Pierre?
- Dana White should be surprised that Jon Jones was arrested for domestic violence - to say otherwise minimizes and normalizes Jones’ arrest
- Why I think Mackenzie Dern should name the sponsors she lost when she was pregnant
- Why is the UFC rewarding Aspen Ladd?
- Is Bellator paying a premium to its fighters for fighting five rounds main events? It should.
- BKFC doesn’t answer health and safety questions, just blocks me on Twitter
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, Player FM, & Amazon Music – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.