Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include:
1. Why is Dana White trying to talk Khabib Nurmagomedov out of retirement? Money, of course and that’s kind of a slimy move from White, but not a surprising one.
2. I fear that Charles Oliveira is going to be a forgotten man in the UFC’s lightweight division.
3. Dana White vacations while UFC fighters wonder if they’re going to have a job and that’s a huge FU to all the UFC fighters.
4. The UFC’s Greg Hardy experiment should not have happened. Will the UFC shut it down after Hardy’s TKO loss at UFC Vegas 17?
5. Listening carefully to a recent interview with UFC president Dana White, it sounds as if the UFC 257 matchup between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor could be for the undisputed lightweight title.
6. I speak briefly about Dana White’s anti-MMA media temper tantrum video.
7. Chris Weidman has the right attitude about the upcoming UFC roster cuts.
8. The state of the UFC bantamweight and lightweight title contenders and why I feel that Cory Sandhagen and Charles Oliveira are going to be left in the cold.
9. Rose Namajunas sends a message to Dana White.
10. Geoff Neal and some concern about the MMA media’s reporting.
11. Anthony Pettis signing with the PFL MMA works for Pettis, the PFL and I hope more UFC fighters who are released or fight out their deals bet on themselves and sign with PFL. I also hope the UFC treats other fighters like Pettis and allow them to walk without an exclusive period and without matching rights time if they don’t want to re-sign them. Everyone wins in this situation.
12. Tony Ferguson had a problem in his corner at UFC 256. He might have a bigger problem with his camp and team.
13. Sean O’Malley remains salty over his loss to Marlon “Chito” Vera and that could be an issue going forward. O’Malley needs to move on.
14. C’mon Now... Dana White as Sportsperson of the Year” C’mon now...
Well, fight fans, we’ve been with you now for 21 wks of solid fights in a row since July 11th, now we get a three week break until the UFC returns on Jan. 16th in the New Year. In the meantime, be sure to watch for episodes of our 6th Round Retro Post-Fight Show or Crooklyn’s Corner Podcast planned for the next few Mondays, The Mookie & Crookie Show remains here for you on Tuesdays, as well as The Best of the C’Mon Now MMA Podcast on Wednesdays, some fun MMA Depressed-Us shows over the next couple Thursdays & more of The Level Change Podcast of course. In the meantime, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.