Zane Simon & Dayne Fox are here to breakdown the UFC 252 - ‘MIOCIC VS. CORMIER 3 PPV event, with hot takes, possible next fights, as well as reactions to the overall event in the player above or on our Bloody Elbow Presents YouTube Channel and BE Presents Podcast Network.
This Saturday’s, August 15th., UFC 252 PPV event, broadcast from the APEX Fight Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, showcased the most important heavyweight bout of the year, maybe of UFC history even... the trilogy bout between Stipe Miocic and Daniel ‘DC’ Cormier for the undisputed UFC World Heavyweight Championship. Our co-main event showcased
The Sugar Show The Chito Show, when bantamweights Sean ‘Sugar’ O’Malley and Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera went at it for just under five anti-climatic minutes, when Sugar rolled his ankle, hobbling his performance. Add to that a brutal battle between Daniel Pineda and Herbert Burns, and the main card was certifiably hot.
Also, earlier on the card, we had an exciting match-up between Vinc Pichel and Jim Miller, which went to the judges scorecards; and that bout was preceded by a truly rapid match-up which took place between Virna Jandiroba and Felice Herrig, which lasted a mere 1:44 of Round 1, ending via an armbar sub; rounding things out, we were treated to POTN efforts put forth by Daniel Pineda and Virna Jandiroba. Believe it or not the FOTN honors went to the opening prelim bout featuring prospects Kai Kamaka III and Tony Kelley, ending in Kamaka taking the Unanimous Decision. Overall, the eleven bout card saw four KO/TKOs, one wicked submission and six decisions... what a fun night of fights we have to discuss with you!
UFC 252: ‘MIOCIC vs. CORMIER III’ RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
MAIN CARD | SAT. AUG 15
- UFC Heavyweight Championship - Stipe Miocic (20-3) DEF. Daniel Cormier (22-3) - DEC, Unanimous
- 135lbs - Marlon Vera (18-6) DEF. Sean O’Malley (12-1) - KO/TKO, Elbows from Guard at 4:40 of Rd 1
- 265lbs - Jairzinho Rozenstruik (11-1) DEF. Junior dos Santos (21-8) - KO/TKO, Right Hook to G&P at 3:47 of Rd 2, Total 8:47
- 145lbs - Daniel Pineda (27-13) DEF. Herbert Burns (11-3) - KO/TKO, Elbows from Crucifix at 4:37 of Rd 2, Total 9:37
- 135lbs - Merab Dvalishvili (12-4) DEF. John Dodson (21-12) - DEC, Unanimous
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) Kamaka vs. Kelley
PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) 1. Daniel Pineda 2. Virna Jandiroba
- 155lbs - Vinc Pichel (13-2) DEF. Jim Miller (32-15) - DEC, Unanimous
- 115lbs - Virna Jandiroba (16-1) DEF. Felice Herrig (14-9) - SUB, Armbar at 1:44 of Rd 1
- 145lbs - Danny Chavez (11-3) DEF. TJ Brown (14-8) - DEC, Unanimous
- 115lbs - Livinha Souza (14-2) DEF. Ashley Yoder (7-6) - DEC, Unanimous
ESPN+ EARLY PRELIMS
- 265lbs - Christopher Daukaus (9-3) DEF. Parker Porter (10-6) - KO/TKO, Punches & Knee at 4:26 of Rd 1
- 145lbs - Kai Kamaka III (8-2) DEF. Tony Kelley (6-2) - DEC, Unanimous
Be sure to follow Zane - @TheZaneSimon and Dayne - @TheDayneFox, and follow @BloodyElbow on twitter for all the latest in MMA happenings. Bloody Elbow Presents is a mixed martial arts podcast network presented to you by Bloody Elbow. Share & Subscribe on any of our podcast platforms below to get the latest in MMA News, MMA Features, UFC Interviews, daily MMA Podcasts, UFC Fight Previews, Post-Fight Shows & More!
If you enjoyed our post-fight show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.