Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week's topics include:
- It’s either the best time or worst time to face Khabib Nurmagomedov…probably the worst.
- Dana White bashes the media while speaking to... the media. Yeah, that’s normal.
- White wants a cookie for having no serious injuries or deaths in the UFC.
- White should wait a few years before claiming no deaths because if football and other sports with brain injuries paint a picture, that picture is a dark one.
- White talks about a possible third straight fight between Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway.
- White still won’t name a No. 1 contender for bantamweight, but he knows who it is.
- White will hook Khabib Nurmagomedov up because he’s been “great to the company”?
- The UFC keeps fighters literally hungry sometimes and that’s not a bug, that’s part of the design of its business.
- Chris Weidman’s win and that post-fight interview and now I’m all kinds of conflicted.
- Lies from the UFC about the “bubble” on Fight Island.
- Which number of tests is true, 2,600 or 12,500?
- Dana White says people can’t sneak out of bubble after Dana White leaves bubble.
- Conor McGregor moves up in the rankings? Cool, cool… wait, Brian Ortega moved up as well, what is going on here?!?
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.