It’s time for another of our infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Podcasts, with your talent: the astounding Eugene S. Robinson of ozy.com and author of “Fight: Everything You Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking” and host of the ‘Ozy Confidential Podcast’, the indubitable John S. Nash, our chief financials columnist and co-host of our ‘Show Money Podcast’, along with our lovely co-host, Stephie Haynes, of Bloody Elbow’s The Level Change Podcast and The Mookie & Crookie Show.
The format of the show is to review the prior weeks picks & then to announce each fight on the upcoming card, commenting on which fights are hot and which fights are not, as well as introducing an off-topic discussion point or two when there’s time.
UFC VEGAS 6 REVIEW & RESULTS WITH UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS - AT: 1:05
MAIN CARD | SAT. AUG 8
- At 4:52 - 265lbs - Derrick Lewis (24-7) DEF. Alexey Oleinik (59-14) - KO/TKO, Right Hook to G&P at 0:21 of Rd 2, Total 5:21
- At 2:20, 12:26 - 185lbs - Chris Weidman (15-5) DEF. Omari Akhmedov (20-5) - DEC, Unanimous
- At 18:16 - 185lbs - Darren Stewart (12-5) DEF. Maki Pitolo (13-6) - SUB, Guillotine Choke at 3:41 of Rd 1
- At 27:29 - 135lbs - Yana Kunitskaya (13-5) DEF. Julija Stoliarenko (9-4) - DEC, Unanimous
- At 24:53 - 155lbs - Beneil Dariush (19-4) DEF. Scott Holtzman (14-4) - KO/TKO, Spinning Backfist at 4:39 of Rd 1
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) NONE
PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) 1. Andrew Sanchez 2. Darren Stewart 3. Gavin Tucker 4. Kevin Holland
UFC FIGHT PASS/ESPN/ESPN+ PRELIMS
- At 23:06 - 170lbs - Tim Means (30-12) DEF. Laureano Staropoli (9-3) - DEC, Unanimous
- 185lbs - Kevin Holland (18-5) DEF. Joaquin Buckley (10-3) - KO/TKO, Right Cross at 0:32 of Rd 3, Total 10:32
- At 21:15 - 155lbs - Nasrat Haqparast (12-3) DEF. Alex Munoz (6-1) - DEC, Unanimous
- 185lbs - Andrew Sanchez (12-5) DEF. Wellington Turman (16-4) - KO/TKO, Right Cross to G&P at 4:14 of Rd 1
- At 28:39 - 145lbs - Gavin Tucker (12-1) DEF. Justin Jaynes (16-5) - SUB, Rear Naked Choke at 1:43 of Rd 3, Total 11:43
- 145lbs - Youssef Zalal (10-2) DEF. Peter Barrett (11-4) - DEC, Unanimous
- 135lbs - Irwin Rivera (10-5) DEF. Ali Al Qaisi (8-4) - DEC, SPLIT
UFC 252 PREVIEW - AT 29:40
At this point in the show we offer you our ‘disclaimer’ and then our duo will go about predicting the UFC 252 PPV event bout sheet, leading their way up to our Co-Main Event, and wrapping up the C/DC quick-picks portion of the show with the Main Event. This UFC on ESPN PPV event will take place from the UFC APEX Fight Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on this Saturday night.
Here’s a look at the upcoming fight card & records, bout order subject to change:
UFC 252: ‘MIOCIC VS. CORMIER 3’
MAIN CARD | SAT. AUG 15 - 10PM/7PM ETPT
- UFC Heavyweight Championship - Stipe Miocic (19-3) vs. Daniel Cormier (22-2) - At 59:58
- 135lbs - Sean O’Malley (12-0) vs. Marlon Vera (17-6) - At 53:17
- 265lbs - Junior dos Santos (21-7) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (10-1) - At 51:00
- 135lbs - John Dodson (21-11) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (11-4) - At 43:15
- 205lbs - Magomed Ankalaev (13-1) vs. Ion Cutelaba (15-5) - At 41:40
ESPN PRELIMS | 8PM/5PM ETPT
- 155lbs - Jim Miller (32-14) vs. Vinc Pichel (12-2) - At 37:55
- 115lbs - Livinha Souza (13-2) vs. Ashley Yoder (7-5) - At 37:35
- 145lbs - Herbert Burns (11-2) vs. Daniel Pineda (26-13) - At 34:54
- 115lbs - Felice Herrig (14-8) vs. Virna Jandiroba (15-1) - At 32:46
ESPN+ PRELIMS | 7PM/4PM ETPT
- 145lbs - TJ Brown (14-7) vs. Danny Chavez (10-3) - At 32:36
- 265lbs - Christopher Daukaus (8-3) vs. Parker Porter (10-5) - At 31:43
Be sure to follow Eugene on twitter @EugeneSRobinson, catch John on twitter @Heynottheface and on The Show Money Podcast, and of course you can catch Stephie @CrooklynMMA, and twice a week she’s on @MookieNCrookie AND @LevelChangePod.
If you would like to catch the show on our BE Presents YouTube Channel, join us here:
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.