Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week's topics include:
- The UFC did Paige VanZant dirty at UFC 251, while sending a message to other fighters on the roster.
- Dana White makes sure to hit his portion of the Abu Dhabi commercial in the aftermath of UFC 251.
- MMA media fails to ask Dana White just how much Abu Dhabi is paying the UFC for the “Fight Island” events.
- MMA media lets a juicy one slide past them when Dana White says media doesn’t know what happened with Jorge Masvidal’s deal for UFC 251 and beyond.
- Boxers in UFC 4 Game, MMA media fails to ask how much those fighters are paid for their likenesses being in the Game vs. UFC fighters featured.
- The UFC 251 post-fight press conference was one of the more friendly moments in recent memory re: MMA media.
- Why the hell isn’t Aljamain Sterling a lock for the next bantamweight title shot?
- Why I would love to see the UFC try and hold an event in New Zealand right now.
- Dana White gets asked about pay structure and oh boy…
- Matt Frevola gets show and win money for canceled fight and that’s the correct call, but it raises questions — and it’s another reason a fighters association is needed.
- C’mon now #1: Colby Covington
- C’mon now #2: John Kavanagh
- UFC needs to pay all fighters who missed a fight because of a positive COVID-19 test their show and win money.
- Is COVID-19 covered under UFC insurance for fighters in camp? If not, the UFC needs to provide insurance for fighters who do fall ill.
- Sean O’Malley is doing the right thing as far as merchandise.
- UFC fighters should listen to Jorge Masvidal and let management do all the talking to the UFC, that’s why you pay them.
- Are UFC fighters subtly trolling Dana White?
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.