It’s time for another of our infamous and patented Care/Don’t Care Podcasts, with your talent: the astounding Eugene S. Robinson of ozy.com and author of “Fight: Everything You Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You’d Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking” and host of the ‘Ozy Confidential Podcast’, the indubitable John S. Nash, our chief financials columnist and co-host of our ‘Show Money Podcast’, along with our lovely co-host, Stephie Haynes, of Bloody Elbow’s The Level Change Podcast and The Mookie & Crookie Show.
The format of the show is to review the prior weeks picks & then to announce each fight on the upcoming card, commenting on which fights are hot and which fights are not, as well as introducing an off-topic discussion point or two when there’s time.
UFC 250 REVIEW - AT 1:10
Here’s a look at the UFC 250 RESULTS & new fight records:
UFC 250 PPV MAIN CARD | SAT. JUNE 6
- At 27:54 - Featherweight Title Bout - Amanda Nunes (20-4) DEF. Felicia Spencer (8-2), DEC-Unanimous (50/44, 50/44, 50/45)
- At 24:05 - 135lbs - Cody Garbrandt (12-3) DEF. Raphael Assunção (27-8), KO/TKO-Right Hook at 4:59 in Rd 2, Total 9:59
- At 21:27 - 135lbs - Aljamain Sterling (19-3) DEF. Cory Sandhagen (12-2), SUB-Rear Naked Choke at 1:28 of Rd 1
- At 18:15 - 170lbs - Neil Magny (23-7) DEF. Anthony Rocco Martin (17-6), DEC-Unanimous
- At 12:15 - 135lbs - Sean O’Malley (12-0) DEF. Eddie Wineland (24-14), KO/TKO-Right Cross at 1:54 of Rd 1
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: NONE!
PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) 1. Sean O’Malley 2. Aljamain Sterling 3. Cody Garbrandt 4. Alex Perez
- At 9:10 - 145lbs - Alex Caceres (16-12) DEF. Chase Hooper (9-1), DEC-Unanimous
- At 7:23 - 185lbs - Ian Heinisch (14-3) DEF. Gerald Meerschaert (31-13), KO/TKO-Overhand Right to G & P at 1:14 of Rd 1
- At 5:58 - 145 lbs - Cody Stamann (19-2) DEF. Brian Kelleher (21-11), DEC-Unanimous
- 185lbs - Maki Pitolo (13-5) DEF. Charles Byrd (10-7), KO/TKO-G & P at 1:10 of Rd 2, Total 6:10
UFC FIGHT PASS/ESPN+ EARLY PRELIMS
- At 5:13 - 125lbs - Alex Perez (24-5) DEF. Jussier Formiga (23-8), KO/TKO-Leg Kicks at 4:06 of Rd 1
- At 4:33 - 205lbs - Devin Clark (12-4) DEF. Alonzo Menifield (9-1), DEC-Unanimous
- At 2:50 - 150lbs - Herbert Burns (11-2) DEF. Evan Dunham (18-9), SUB-Rear-Naked Choke at 1:20 of Rd 1
UFC FN: Eye vs. Calvillo PREVIEW - AT 36:15
At this point in the show we offer you our ‘disclaimer’ and then our trio will go about predicting the UFC Fight Night: Eye vs. Calvillo bout sheet, leading their way up to the Sat. night Co-Main Event showcasing a middleweight bout between Karl ‘Baby K’ Roberson and Marvin ‘The Italian Dream’ Vettori, and wrapping up the C/DC quick-picks preview portion of the show with a Main Event featuring a UFC Women’s headliner between Jessica ‘Evil’ Eye and Cynthia Calvillo. The event will be the third to take place from the brand new UFC APEX Fight Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Here’s a look at the upcoming fight card, bout order is subject to change:
ESPN+ UFC Fight Night: Eye vs. Calvillo -
MAIN CARD | SAT. JUNE 13 - 9PM/6PM ETPT
- 125lbs - Jessica Eye (15-7) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (8-1) - At 47:05
- 185lbs - Karl Roberson (9-2) vs. Marvin Vettori (14-3) - At 44:17
- 135lbs - Ray Borg (13-5) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (10-4) - At 43:16
- 145lbs - Andre Fili (20-7) vs. Charles Jourdain (10-2) - At 40:26
- 135lbs - Jordan Espinosa (14-7) vs. Mark De La Rosa (11-4) - At 40:13
ESPN/ESPN+ PRELIMS | 4PM/1PM ETPT
- 155lbs - Charles Rosa (12-4) vs. Kevin Aguilar (17-3) - At 38:03
- 135lbs - Julia Avila (7-1) vs. Gina Mazany (6-3) - At 37:39
- 125 lbs - Ryan Benoit (10-6) vs. Tyson Nam (18-11) - At 37:21
- 145lbs - Jordan Griffin (18-7) vs. Darrick Minner (24-11) - At 37:10
- 170lbs - Anthony Ivy (8-2) vs. Christian Aguilera (13-6) - At 36:54
Be sure to follow Eugene on twitter @EugeneSRobinson, catch John on twitter @Heynottheface and on The Show Money Podcast, and of course you can catch Stephie @CrooklynMMA, and twice a week she’s on @MookieNCrookie AND @LevelChangePod.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.