Welcome to the Tinder Predictions series. If you aren’t already familiar with these articles then buckle in, you’re in for a roller coaster ride. Ahead of UFC PPV events, Bloody Elbow will take to the popular dating app, Tinder, to see what predictions users have on the headlining fight(s). We will keep a tally and display screenshots of the most interesting comments, predictions “hot takes,” and pick-up lines from our findings.
This chapter of Tinder Predictions comes ahead of UFC 249 on Saturday, May 9th, at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. In the final segment of this series, Tony Ferguson is set to fight Justin Gaethje in the headlining fight for the Interim Lightweight championship.
Team: Tony Ferguson
- At the rate this matchup is getting cancelled, it’s not unreasonable to predict we may one day end up at Ferguson/Khabib XVI. We only have 11 more cancellations to get there.
- I guess that’s the final word on that then.
- I’ve personally never met someone hesitant to go to live events for fear if missing out on the commentary.
- Before or after the bell?
- Back up, we have a real OG on our hands with those name drops.
- Bold of them to assume they could break my heart.
- Well this guy should be happy to hear after Saturday Tony will have officially had two shots at Interim gold.
- List approved.
- Definitely was not expecting that last line.
- A+ use of the meme.
Team: Justin Gaethje
- Gaethje has the whole of Toronto supporting him.
- What if Gaethje were the one to break through the impenetrable fortress that is Tony Ferguson’s mind?
- Not once, not twice, but three times.
- Just cause...
- I feel like this guy know’s something we don’t.
- Finally found one of those people that are going to tune in just because it’s the only thing on!
- Fair enough, we’ll take it!
- And I’m the nerd...?
- On the spectrum of fighters to enjoy, this guy definitely covers both extremes.
- That’s concerning.
- Also, concerning...
- A+ for the reference.
- The MMA Gods are usually toying with us, Florida sounds promising though.
- Clearly I’ve done one too many of these articles.
- As if soccer is a viable substitute...
- Stop. Using. These. Lines.
- Totally fair!
- At least they had a sense of humour.
- Damn, tell us how you really feel?
- This guy must be popular with the ladies.
With that, we have come to the conclusion of the first installment of the UFC 249 chapter in the Tinder Prediction series on Bloody Elbow. In total, we matched with 147 profiles and received 55 official votes for this matchup.
Tony Ferguson - 45
Justin Gaethje - 10
In conclusion, the Tinder users have spoken, and by their vote, we should expect Tony Ferguson to once again become the Interim UFC Lightweight Champion.