Welcome to Crooklyn’s Corner, the podcast that’s basically a hodgepodge of topics focused on the combat sports and entertainment community. The show will feature special interviews, fantasy matchmaking/analysis and whatever else we can come up with to keep our listeners steeped in fresh and engaging content. The show is hosted by Stephie Haynes and airs when needed to fill gaps in our Bloody Elbow Presents podcast network.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed or questions asked. Time stamps won’t always be available as our conversations tend to be very fluid and bounce back & forth frequently. However, when fantasy matchmaking and analysis is the focal point of an episode, we will definitely timestamp when each fight breakdown begins. As always, I hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as I enjoyed recording it.
*Recorded Wednesday March 25 (late afternoon)
- Has your neck of the woods received a shelter in place order yet? I know the Bay Area got theirs 3 days ago, but I’m not sure if it’s extended to where you live.
- Is your family going a little stir-crazy yet? Cabin fever setting in?
- How creative have you and your wife had to get to keep your kids occupied?
- How about you? What is keeping you sane during a time when you can’t get to the gym?
- Side bar question: How much time do you put into your basketball game?
- I’ve seen lots of posts about people busting out jigsaw puzzles and board games. Do you get nostalgic for more “unplugged” activities like that?
- Have you met with any difficulties since this started sweeping the country? Any issues with getting groceries or essential supplies?
- What’s quarantine meal planning look like at your house?
- With people looking more and more at shelf-stable items like tuna, canned chicken, spam, cereal, granola bars and things like that, have you found some pantry item that you’ve become fond of?
- What’s quarantine look like in your area and more specifically in your neighborhood? Are neighbors staying connected, helping each other out, etc?
- Do you have any family members or friends that may be especially vulnerable or that you have heightened concern for right now?
- Are you worried that Trump is testing fate by wanting to lift lockdowns by Easter?
- Let’s switch gears and talk about your wheeelhouse. How do you train at home when quarantined?
- It was looking like you were getting a deal in place for a 3rd Stipe fight right as the COVID pandemic has hit. Has that changed or shifted your priorities as far as whatever timeframe you may have been looking at for that fight?
- If the “Rona” keeps its grip on the world for an extended period of time, is there a cutoff point where you say “Screw it,” I’m going to call it a career?
- You also wear the management hat and look after Deron Winn who just had a tough fight with Gerald Meerschaert. Do you reevaluate Meerschaert as more of a threat to young prospects after that fight and are you and Deron possibly looking at a drop down in weight for him?
- Aside from fighting, managing other fighters, being a wrestling coach and commentary, you’ve done special work for ESPN with From the Mind of Daniel Cormier. With the network starved for content, are there plans to do some specials from home or possibly a podcast of some sort in the immediate future?
- In keeping with that, can we get something from you today? I know you’re Khabib’s teammate and providing a breakdown could possibly be too revealing of gameplans, so I won’t ask that. Instead, give us a mini breakdown of a fight that is in the early stages of being booked. Jorge Masvidal and Kamaru Usman.
- As a longtime teammate of Khabib’s, this pandemic forcing gym closures and subsequently forcing him to move his camp to Russia, has to be difficult for all of the AKA family to sort of be sidelined. Are you staying in close contact with him, sort of like a training hotline or just to keep that team spirit and morale aspect going?
- How do you feel about the two-day pre-taped WrestleMania coming up?
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the Bloody Elbow Presents name. Follow Crooklyn’s Twitter account: Stephie Haynes and the show account Crooklyn’s Corner.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV , iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on any of our BE Presents channels.