Will the infamous fight thats been cancelled four times already finally happen at UFC 249 on April 18th? Tinder users tell us what they think!
Welcome to the Tinder Predictions series. If you aren’t already familiar with these articles then buckle in, you’re in for a roller coaster ride. Ahead of UFC PPV events, Bloody Elbow will take to the popular dating app, Tinder, to see what predictions users have on the headlining fight(s). We will keep a tally and display screenshots of the most interesting comments, predictions “hot takes,” and pick-up lines from our findings.
This special chapter of Tinder Predictions covers whether or not users think we will finally see Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson meet in the octagon after the matchup being cancelled four times over the last five years. With this being the fifth time the bout has been scheduled, there is no denying that the matchup seems cursed. So, does the fight fall through again, or is fifth times the charm?
- This guy had too much confidence to be responding this way.
- Respect for being willing to take one for the team.
- I aspire to have this level of confidence.
- This person is far too self-assured.
- Slightly late on the updates but alright.
- This is what I said the second time it was cancelled about it being booked a third time.
- Soft burn.
- Bubble wrap Ferguson, it’s the only way.
- That’s a heck of a detail to miss.
- There’s a lot going on here.
- Spot on.
- Vital information here.
- Not this again...
- This was a heck of a shoutout and I am wildly impressed.
- I’m sorry, the what now?
- Surprisingly, my first thought: Have I really been doing these articles for almost two years?
- They’re just wandering around out there unsupervised.
- How exactly does the champion get “another chance” at the challenger they beat?
- This is what I said the third time this fight was booked.
- * Mark Hunt has entered this chat *
With that, we have come to the conclusion of this special installment of the Tinder Predictions series. In total, we matched with 67 profiles and received 44 official votes.
Yes - 35
No - 9
In conclusion, the Tinder users have spoken and they believe that the main event for UFC 249 will beat the odds and successfully take place on the night the event is scheduled.