Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include:
1. Listening carefully to a recent interview with UFC president Dana White, it sounds as if the UFC 257 matchup between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor could be for the undisputed lightweight title.
2. Chris Weidman has the right attitude about the upcoming UFC roster cuts.
3. Dana White vacations while UFC fighters wonder if they’re going to have a job and that’s a huge FU to all the UFC fighters.
4. The UFC’s Greg Hardy experiment should not have happened. Will the UFC shut it down after Hardy’s TKO loss at UFC Vegas 17.
5. A look back at UFC Vegas 17.
6. Thoughts on the knuckleheads who are criticizing Rose Namajunas and the trauma she experienced after Conor McGregor attacked the fighter bus at UFC 223. Also, why did the tough-talking Dana White let McGregor skate without even a slap on the wrist?
7. TJ Dillashaw is close to returning from his USADA suspension. Dillashaw wants a bantamweight title fight upon his return. I don’t think that’s a good idea.
8. There’s talk that Nick Diaz, who hasn’t fought since 2015 and hasn’t won since 2011, plans to return to the UFC. I hope that doesn’t happen.
9. The UFC should test Cody Garbrandt extensively before allowing him to return to action. Another example of Dana White’s statement that the UFC goes above and beyond in health and safety is untrue.
Well, fight fans, we’ve been with you now for 21 wks of solid fights in a row since July 11th, now we get a three week break until the UFC returns on Jan. 16th in the New Year. In the meantime, be sure to watch for episodes of our 6th Round Retro Post-Fight Show planned for the next 3 Mondays, The Mookie & Crookie Show remains here for you on Tuesdays, as well as The Best of the C’Mon Now MMA Podcast on Wednesdays, some fun MMA Depressed-Us shows over the next 3 Thursdays & more of The Level Change Podcast of course... no promises, but there is even rumor of a Retrospective Show in some format about the Contender Series. In the meantime, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.