Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include::
1. UFC 255 might have been fun for Jon Anik, Joe Rogan and Daniel Cormier might have been fun for them, but it was not enjoyable for those watching the pay-per-view event.
2. Dana White once again oversteps his bounds by telling an independent contractor he won’t allow him to return to Brazil. White also ignores health and safety to make a UFC title fight with a quick turnaround.
3. Why did the MMA media blow smoke up Dana White’s ass at the UFC 255 presser?
4. The MMA media asked Dana White a soft question about Mike Perry at the UFC 255 post-fight press conference and White only addressed Perry as a fun fighter. C’mon now.
5. Cody Garbrandt says he is having issues with blood clots associated with COVID-19. What is the UFC doing for fighters who have or have had COVID-19? It does not sound as if it is going above and beyond as far as testing goes. Also, what is it doing for these fighters in a financial sense?
6. UFC did Vince Murdock dirty on multiple fronts. The bigger story in all of this is that Murdock’s story puts a bright light on how poor the UFC’s health insurance plan (injury insurance) is for fighters who already earn so little.
7. Conor McGregor either doesn’t know how to score a knockdown or is playing games just looking for a UFC record.
8. Will the ESPN layoffs affect the UFC? Maybe, but it won’t force UFC into layoffs.
9. No way should T.J. Dillashaw strut back into the UFC and get a No. 1 contender fight or a title fight.
10. Fighters, fans and UFC employees should never forget that Dana White went all in for Donald Trump. What that means to me is that every time they see White they should think of Donald Trump and his racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia and islamophobia and see the image of the UFC president.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.