Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here... the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
This week’s “Best of” edition topics include::
- UFC Vegas 14 weigh-ins were a mess and the number of fighters who were pulled from the card made things even worse. The UFC needs to do more than pay lip service to weight-cutting. Don’t believe it can’t do something.
- It would be nice if Dana White addressed why Mike Perry is fighting at UFC 255.
- Fighters, don’t tell the UFC you want to be a company man/woman.
- Bryce Mitchell is anti-mask and seems to miss the fact that we live in a society and that everyone has a responsibility to keep their community and society from getting sick. It’s selfish, dumb and it’s the reason that the US has an incredibly high death rate and continues to have a growing number of cases of COVID-19.
- A whole lot on Greg Hardy.
- The UFC could absolutely mandate weight-cutting rules and it should. Remember, Dana White says he can do anything and the UFC goes above and beyond in safety. Well, it’s time to prove it.
- MMA media did not ask Dana White about Khabib Nurmagomedov and his Instagram post about Emmanuel Macron and it should.
- Self-proclaimed fight genius Dana White does a great job of promoting himself and the UFC brand. The UFC fighters? Not so much.
- Dana White thinks the UFC will get better athletes in the future. That won’t be true in the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions until the promotion starts to pay what other sports pay.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.