Welcome to the 6th Round Retro Post-Fight Show, featuring YAMMA ‘Pitfighting 1’ from 2008. This is the show that digs into the archives and gives you a comprehensive review of classic MMA events, that span as far back as UFC 1. Join Eddie Mercado & Victor Rodriguez of Bloody Elbow as they relive this Pay-Per-View event this week, complete with results, analysis, and of course a few laughs.
On April 11th, 2008, YAMMA Pit Fighting 1, “2 Masters Superfights”, an eleven-fight card, with only four finishes on a card full of decisions, went down from the infamous Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersy. This was a Pay-Per-View cable event at the time, which advertised “The Return of ‘The Russian Bear’ Oleg Taktarov and a 8-man heavyweight tournament to crown the YAMMA heavyweight champion”.
So, the main event that night showcased Heavyweights. Travis ‘Diesel’ Wiuff, went undefeated to take the crown that night winning three bouts during the tournament against Marcelo Donald Pereira, Ricco Rodriguez, and then winning the championship via decision, against Chris ‘The Crowbar’ Tuchscherer. ‘The Crowbar’ made it to the finals bout by defeating Tony Sylvester and Alexey Oleinik that night.
Also on the card, we had a co-main which featured Patrick Smith winning with one of the four finishes that night, decimating Eric ‘Butterbean’ Esch with a Submission via punches and elbows at just 3:17 into Round 1. We were treated to one of our other finishes that night which showcased Oleg ‘The Russian Bear’ Taktarov in his return, which would turn out to actually be his last professional fight. He went up against Mark ‘The Smashing Machine’ Kerr and swiftly defeated him via a kneebar submission at just 1:55 into Round 1.
- MAIN EVENT: Travis Wiuff DEF. Chris Tuchscherer by Unanimous Decision, 3 Rounds - 265 lbs
- Co-Main: Patrick Smith DEF. Eric Esch via SUB - Punches & Elbows at 3:17 of Rd 1
- Travis Wiuff DEF. Ricco Rodriguez via Unanimous Decision
- Chris Tuchscherer DEF. Alexey Oleinik via Unanimous Decision
- Oleg Taktarov DEF. Mark Kerr via SUB - Kneebar at 1:55 of Rd 1
- Ricco Rodriguez DEF. George Bush via Unanimous Decision
- Travis Wiuff DEF. Marcelo Donald Pereira via Unanimous Decision
- Chris Tuchscherer DEF. Tony Sylvester via Unanimous Decision
- Alexey Oleinik DEF. Sherman Pendergarst via SUB - Ezekial Choke at 4:18 of Rd 1
- Bryan Vetell DEF. Antwain Britt via Unanimous Decision
- Lamont Lister DEF. Oleg Savitsky via KO/TKO - Strikes at 0:33 of Round 1
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.