Welcome to the 6th Round Retro Post-Fight Show, featuring the debut of INVICTA, with INVICTA FC 1: Coenen vs. Ruyssen, from 2012. This is the show that digs into the archives and gives you a comprehensive review of classic MMA events, that span as far back as UFC 1. Join Victor Rodriguez & Dayne Fox of Bloody Elbow as they relive this Invicta 1 event this week, complete with results, analysis, and of course a few laughs.
On April 28th, 2012, INVICTA FC 1, an eleven-fight card, chock full of finishes with only three decisions (and a split draw) on the card, that went down from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Missouri and was a turning point for women’s MMA.
So, the main event that night showcased Featherweights, Marloes Coenen, who was coming off a loss via Arm Triangle Choke against Miesha Tate, with a 19-4 professional record and was entering the octagon against France’s Romy Ruyssen, who had a professional record of only 5-1, but was coming into the fight on a four-fight win streak. With hindsight, we now know this would be her last professional fight, leaving the sport thereafter. In the co-main event we had Jessica Penne, with an impressive 7-1 record, including a couple bouts in Bellator MMA, beating her opponent, Lisa Ward that night via Punches in Round 3, despite her 14-6 record, and also having done some fighting for Bellator.
Also on the card, we had a younger Liz Carmouche decimating Ashleigh Curry with Punches at just 1:58 of Round 1, and in the event opener we had a swift finish when Cassie Rodish defeated Meghan Wright via SUB - Guillotine Choke at 0:36 of round 1.
Let’s take a look at the card, complete with fight results:
- MAIN EVENT: Marloes Coenen DEF. Romy Ruyssen by Unanimous Decision, 3 Rounds - 150 lbs
- Co-Main: Jessica Penne DEF. Lisa Ellis via KO/TKO - Punches at 2:48 of Rd 3, Total 12:48 - 105 lbs
- Liz Carmouche DEF. Ashleigh Curry via KO/TKO - Punches at 1:58 of Rd 1 - 135 lbs
- Kaitlin Young vs. Leslie Smith Ended in a Draw, Split - 135 lbs
- Sarah D’Alelio DEF. Vanessa Mariscal via SUB - Punches at 3:19 of Rd 2, Total 8:19 - 135 lbs
- Sarah Schneider DEF. Sally Krumdiack via SUB - Armbar at 3:01 of Rd 1 - 115 lbs
- Amy Davis DEF. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc via SUB - Kimura at 3:47 of Rd 2, Total 8:47 - 105 lbs
- Sarah Maloy DEF. Michelle Gutierrez via Unanimous Decision - 125 lbs
- Randi Miller DEF. Mollie Estes via KO/TKO - Punches at 3:27 of Rd 3, Total 13:27 - 149 lbs
- Ashley Cummins DEF. Sofia Bagherdai via Unanimous Decision - 120 lbs
- Cassie Rodish DEF. Meghan Wright via SUB - Guillotine Choke at 0:36 of Rd 1 - 105 lbs
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.