Welcome to the Tinder Predictions series. If you aren’t already familiar with these articles then buckle in, you’re in for a roller coaster ride. Ahead of UFC PPV events, Bloody Elbow will take to the popular dating app, Tinder, to see what predictions users have on the headlining fight(s). We will keep a tally and display screenshots of the most interesting comments, predictions “hot takes,” and pick-up lines from our findings.
This chapter of Tinder Predictions comes ahead of UFC 246 on Saturday, January 18, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Conor McGregor will be facing Donald Cerrone in a Welterweight contest for the card’s main event.
Team: Conor McGregor
McGregor will be returning to the UFC, after a 15-month hiatus, despite New York Times reporting that he is currently being investigated for two separate sexual assault cases. He is coming into this fight off a submission loss against Khabib Nurmagomedov, from their fight at UFC 229.
- Rule #1 of Tinder: Always compliment her eyebrows.
- “Not because I’m a fanboy” said every fanboy ever. Also, let the record show that Cerrone has been knocked out 6/50 fights.
- He may as well have stopped and ended at “+ I’m Irish”. He must have missed that McGregor also lost his last two competitions as well.
- McGregor via “Alpha As F*ck”
- If you’re going to try to quote him, at least get it right.
- File this under “Least Likely Outcomes”.
- The fact that someone made this reference made me really proud.
- Tip: This opening, never use it.
- No caption needed.
- This is the right way to open a conversation. Everyone, take notes.
- Under a rock, which I will promptly crawl back under as soon as I’m done this article.
- MMA fans are fickle and this guy knows it.
- “Are you a banker? Because leave me a lone”.
- Peak McGregor fan response.
It’s fairly common for fans to spell McGregor’s name wrong, even if it is a very simple name. There were, however, a few new and uncommon nicknames he was given in this set of screenshots.
- Seeing someone refer to Conor McGregor as “Gregor” is definitely a first for me.
- Even more uncommon, is someone referring to him as “Greg”.
- “Connor” is definitely the most common way his name is misspelled.
- Four consecutive misspellings in a row is absolutely pushing it.
- “Conner” is the second most common way his name is misspelled.
Team: Donald Cerrone
Cerrone will be making a timely turn-around from his last fight, just four months ago, where he was finished at the end of the first round by Justin Gaethje.
- Pro tip: Complimenting women’s outfits in a non-creepy way gets you bonus points.
- Cerrone via submission was the most commonly picked result for him.
- * Bobby Green has entered this chat *
- The confidence here is great.
- Based on his final response I doubt he got my song reference and I was definitely a bit sad about it.
- This was an A+ GIF.
- This user picked Cerrone because McGregor is “oversaturated” and I’m here for it.
- Straight forward and to the point. Love it.
- Nothing wrong with picking the other guy because of your dislike for one fighter.
- I see no lies here.
- Not liking the hype of McGregor was another reoccurring theme with people who picked Cerrone.
- This opener gets a 8/10, mostly because I’ve never heard it before.
- Cerrone is 36-13-1. So there’s that.
Here are some extra screenshots that deserved their own spotlight.
- The opening was a solid 9/10 but the follow up brought this user down to a 2/10 with comparing KSI vs Logan Paul to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
- “Dats” his answer.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson > Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone.
- Weird flex but... Nope, just a weird flex.
- Well then.
- This user got a short circuit.
- Weak opening, and even weaker follow up.
- UFC is the only pyramid scheme I ever fell for.
With that, we have come to the conclusion of the UFC 246 chapter in the first Tinder Prediction series on Bloody Elbow. In total, we matched with 209 profiles and received 143 official votes.
Conor McGregor – 95
Donald Cerrone – 48
In conclusion, the Tinder users have spoken, and by their vote, we should expect Conor McGregor to defeat Donald Cerrone in their welterweight main-event showdown at UFC 246.