Don’t be scared, homie.
According to Colby Covington, quasi-retired MMA star Nick Diaz turned down a fight with him in 2018 because the Stockton fan favourite is ‘scared to fight’.
Covington blasted Diaz in a recent interview with BJPenn.com after the former Strikeforce welterweight champion told ‘Chaos’ to book a flight to Stockton, California in response to being called out by Covington last month.
“Yeah, I saw that video, man,” Covington said of Diaz’ interview with TMZ Sports. “It was really sad. I think Nick Diaz is really starting to see the effects of CTE, he’s a mumbling, stumbling little dummy. The guy’s hooked on weed. He needs to get hooked on phonics. That guy’s embarrassing man. He’s taking way too many shots to the head to be talking like that to the welterweight king Colby ‘Chaos’ Covington. So there’s not really much to say. I hope he enjoys retirement. We all know he’s scared to fight because he was offered a fight contract last year, MSG and he turned it down like the little bitch, a little Stockton soy boy he is. Nick Diaz has the Stockton slap, but that ain’t got shit on me and what I got: MAGA bombs.”
Covington, the former interim welterweight champion, was expected to headline UFC 244 opposite official champ Kamaru Usman but the championship bout was reportedly scraped after Covington rejected the UFC’s offer due to ‘slave labor negotiations’.
UFC 244 will now feature a headlining welterweight bout between Jorge Masvidal and Nick Diaz’ younger brother, Nate Diaz, at Madison Square Garden, New York on November 2.