Zane Simon and Eddie Mercado are back to breakdown this event with hot takes, possible next fights, as well as reactions to the overall event.
On the 31st of August, 2019, the UFC went to the Universiade Sports Centre in Shenzhen, China to bring us UFC on ESPN+ 15, aka: UFC Fight Night 157. The event featured a Women’s StrawWeight Title Fight between the favorite Jessica Andrade and the aggressive, under-estimated contender, Weili Zhang. Zhang surprised many fans by dominating Andrade, swarming on her right from the get go, attacking her with fists of fury, knees and punches relentlessly for a full 42 seconds. Yep, Andrade was defeated by KO/TKO-knees & punches at 0:42 seconds into the first round, losing her belt to Zhang. The co-main showcased two welterweights in Elizeu Zaleski and Jingliang Li. This bout made it almost to a decision, with Li taking the win via KO/TKO-punches at 4:51 of Round 3, a total of 14:51 into the fight.
We also had finishes on this card from Anthony Hernandez over Jun Yong Park, via Sub-Anaconda Choke and Da Un Jung over Khadis Ibragimov, via Sub-Standing Guillotine Choke. The prelims card also gave us our Fight of the Night with a decision battle between Heili Alateng and Danaa Batgerel.
Here’s a look at the fight card RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
UFC on ESPN+ 15 - UFC Shenzhen MAIN CARD | 6AM/2AM ETPT
- MAIN EVENT: 115 lbs - Weili Zhang (20-1) DEF. Jessica Andrade (20-7) - KO/TKO, Knees & Punches at 0:42 R1/5
- CO-MAIN: 170 lbs - Jingliang Li (17-5) DEF. Elizeu Zaleski (21-6) - KO/TKO-Punches at 4:51 R3/3, 14:51 Total
- 125 lbs - Kai Kara-France (20-7) DEF. Mark De La Rosa (11-3) - DEC, Unanimous
- 170 lbs - Kenan Song (15-5) DEF. Derrick Krantz (24-12) - DEC, Unanimous
- 125 lbs - Mizuki Inoue (14-5) DEF. Yanan Wu (10-3) - DEC, Split
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: Heili Alateng vs. Danaa Batgerel
PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT: Zhang Weili, Li Jingliang
GATE US: $xx - YET TO BE DETERMINED
ESPN PRELIMS | 3AM/11PM ETPT
- 185 lbs - Anthony Hernandez (7-1) DEF. Jun Yong Park (9-4) - Sub, Anaconda Choke at 4:39 R2/3, 9:39 Total
- 135 lbs - Su Mudaerji (12-4) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (13-8) - DEC, Unanimous
- 205 lbs - Da Un Jung (12-2) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (8-1) - Sub, Standing Guillotine Choke at 2:00 R3/3, 12:00 Total
- 155 lbs - Damir Ismagulov (19-1) DEF. Thiago Moises (12-3) - DEC, Unanimous
- 135 lbs - Heili Alateng (13-7) DEF. Danaa Batgerel (6-2) - DEC, Unanimous
- 135 lbs - Karol Rosa (12-3) DEF. Lara Procopio (6-1) - DEC, Split
SBN MMA is a mixed martial arts channel presented to you by SB Nation MMA websites: BloodyElbow & MMA Mania, Share & Subscribe to get the latest in MMA News, Video Features, Live Play-by-Plays of UFC events, Post-Fight Shows & More!
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.