Your hosts ‘Shak’ Shakiel Mahjouri & former UFC fighter, Kajan Johnson are here each Wednesday as “MMA’s most colorful and entertaining personalities”. They will present you a half hour or so of MMA content, varying from fighter interviews to discussions on current MMA Topics.
American Top Team strength coach Phil Daru joins the podcast. He shares details on how Poirier is preparing for his lightweight title fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov. Daru also explains how far the science of excercise and nutrition has come, how effective online tutorials are and more.
- 1:15 - Attention on coaching in MMA
- 2:38 - How often should you do strength and conditioning?
- 4:30 - How much do we really know about the science of exercise and nutrition?
- 6:30 - How accepting is the MMA community of strength and conditioning?
- 8:42 - Best way to tackle a strength and conditioning routine
- 13:05 - What is “Absolute Adaptation”
- 14:35 - How effective are online workout tutorials?
- 18:10 - How is Dustin Poirier preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 242?
- 26:20 - Prediction on Poirier vs. Nurmagomedov outcome
Who do you think will win at UFC 242?
This poll is closed
You can follow the guys on Twitter: Shak - @ThisIsShak, Kajan - @IamRagin and follow the pages for the @PNPShow on twitter, Instagram, or facebook. Plus, you can watch for articles from Shakiel Mahjouri right here on Bloody Elbow as well. You can find Coach Phil Daru on twitter - @DaruStrong, on instagram - darustrong, his facebook page - CoachDaru, or find out more by visiting his affiliated webpage heavyhitterboxing.com.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.