Tonight’s Bellator 225 card will be the promotion’s only event for the month of August. Bloody Elbow has the betting odds for it.
The marquee matchup will involve heavyweights Matt Mitrione and Sergei Kharitonov running it back after their first go-round ended in a lame-o 15-second no contest. Back at Bellator 215, Kharitonov opened up as a -155 betting favorite before flipping to a +110 underdog by the opening bell. Mitrione opened up with a +115 line for their first fight, but then he swapped to a favored role at -111 before it was all said and done.
This time around, Mitrione began his Bellator 225 betting life as a -135 betting favorite, but his line has tightened down to -105. For tonight’s main event, Kharitonov was first available at dog odds of +105, but is now more favored than Mitrione at -115. The oddsmakers do not foresee these two heavyweights lasting the full fifteen-minutes. The prop bet ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ is hugely favored at -475, with ‘Fight goes to decision’ owning a hefty underdog tag of +325.
More heavyweights will be showcased in Bellator 225’s co-main event slot. With a massive moneyline of -550, former Bellator champ Vitaly Minakov is substantially favored over Javy Ayala and his +425 dog tag. In Bellator’s women’s bantamweight division, the 7-3 Alejandra Lara is a mega -800 betting favorite to the 4-5 Taylor Turner and +550 underdog. Another dose of big men can be seen on the main card when the 6-0 Tyrell Fortune meets the 6-0 Rudy Schaffroth. Hot-ish wrestler Fortune is a swollen -550 favorite with Schaffroth under dogging at +425. Opening up the main part of the card, Yaroslav Amosov owns a favored -300 moneyline to +250 dog David Rickels.
Check out the Bellator 225 betting odds, courtesy of BestFightOdds.com:
For an in-depth breakdown of each Bellator 225 tilt, check out The MMA Vivisection with Bloody Elbow’s own Zane Simon, Vic Rodriguez, and Eddie Mercado. Be sure to subscribe to our secondary YouTube channel to stay up to date with all of our live video content. Stay glued to Bloody Elbow for all of your event coverage including play-by-play, results, highlights, and more! Happy hunting!
Paramount main card: 9:00 PM ET
- Matt Mitrione vs. Sergei Kharitonov: Heavyweight
- Vitaly Minakov vs. Javy Ayala: Heavyweight
- Alejandra Lara vs. Taylor Turner: (W) Bantamweight
- Tyrell Fortune vs. Rudy Schaffroth: Heavyweight
- David Rickels vs. Yaroslav Amosov: 175-pounds
Online prelims: 5:45 PM ET
- Nick Newell vs. Corey Browning: Lightweight
- Sabah Homasi vs. Micah Terrill: Welterweight
- Mike Kimbel vs. Chris Disonell: 140-pounds
- Khonry Gracie vs. Oscar Vera: Welterweight
- Ricky Bandejas vs. Ahmet Kayretli: Bantamweight
- Timothy Johnson vs. Zu Anyanwu: Heavyweight
- Austin Vanderford vs. Joseph Creer: Middleweight
- Aviv Gozali vs. Eduard Muravitskiy: 165-pounds
- Jon Manley vs. Thiago Rela: 175-pounds
- Kastriot Xhema vs. Connor Dixon: 165-pounds