Mookie Alexander & Dayne Fox are here to breakdown this event with hot takes, possible next fights, as well as reactions to the overall event.
On the 10th of Aug, 2019, the UFC went to Montevideo, Uruguay, to bring us UFC on ESPN+ 14. The event featured a Flyweight Women’s Title Fight highlighting Valentina ‘Bullet’ Shevchenko predictably defeating Liz ‘Girl-rilla’ Carmouche, via Unanimous Decision after Five boring rounds of substantive distance in the octagon, to retain her title. This, following our co-main event, which showcased a great Welterweight fight which ended in a bloody battle - with Mike Perry being narrowly defeated by ‘The Silent Assassin’ Vicente Luque, via a Split Decision, which left Luque with his sixth straight win and Perry with a broken nose...
We also had Luiz Eduardo Garagorri defeating Humberto Bandenay via Unanimous Decision, Volkan ‘No Time’ Oezdemir decimating Ilir Latifi in Round Two, via KO/TKO by way of Left Hooks, the more experienced Oskar Piechota being handed a defeat in the Second Round, via Submission with an Arm Triangle Choke by up-and-comer Rodolfo ‘The Black Belt Hunter’ Vieira, and it all started off with the main event opener ending in Enrique ‘EL Fuerte’ Barzola defeating Bobby Moffett via Split Decision.
Here's a look at the fight card RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
UFC on ESPN+ 14 MAIN CARD | 8PM/5PM ETPT
- 125 lbs - Valentina Shevchenko (18-3) DEF. Liz Carmouche (13-7) - DEC-Unanimous
- 170 lbs - Vicente Luque (17-6) DEF. Mike Perry (13-5) - DEC-Split
- 145 lbs - Luiz Eduardo Garagorri (13-0) DEF. Humberto Bandenay (14-7) - DEC-Unanimous
- 205 lbs - Volkan Oezdemir (16-4) DEF. Ilir Latifi (14-7) - KO/TKO, Left Hooks, 4:31 R2/3, 9:31 Total
- 185 lbs - Rodolfo Vieira (6-0) DEF. Oskar Piechota (11-2) - SUB, Arm Triangle Choke, 4:26 R2/3, 9:26 Total
- 145 lbs - Enrique Barzola (16-4) DEF. Bobby Moffett (14-5) - DEC-Split
ESPN+ PRELIMS | 5PM/2PM ETPT
- 170 lbs - Gilbert Burns (16-3) DEF. Alexey Kunchenko (20-1) - DEC-Unanimous
- 265 lbs - Ciryl Gané (4-0) DEF. Raphael Pessoa Nunes (9-1) - SUB, Arm Triangle Choke, 4:12 R1/3
- 115 lbs - Marina Rodriguez (12-0) DEF. Tecia Torres (10-5) - DEC-Unanimous
- 125 lbs - Rogerio Bontorin (16-1) DEF. Raulian Paiva (18-3) - KO/TKO, DR Stoppage (Cut), 2:56 R1/3
- 135 lbs - Chris Gutierrez (14-3) DEF. Geraldo de Freitas (12-5) - DEC-Split
- 155 lbs - Alex da Silva (21-2) DEF. Rodrigo Vargas (11-3) - DEC-Unanimous
- 125 lbs - Veronica Macedo (6-3) DEF. Polyana Viana (10-4) - SUB, Armbar, 1:09 R1/3
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.