Scott “Hot Sauce” Holtzman speaks with Bloody Elbow’s Shakiel ‘Shak’ Mahjouri ahead of UFC Newark, aka: UFC on ESPN 5. Holtzman shows off his hot sauce collection and reveals what expectations people have of him thanks to his nickname. Holtzman also reflects on the Nik Lentz loss, his upcoming fight at UFC New Jersey vs. Dong Hyun Ma and the potential for Urijah Faber to cut the cue at bantamweight & more...
- 0:05 - What it’s like being on a trading card?
- 1:50 - How MMA has changed Scott Holtzman’s life
- 4:02 - Biggest takeaway from Nik Lentz loss
- 5:13 - How hard it is to follow a game plan on fight night?
- 6:37 - Biggest advantage over Dong Hyun Ma
- 7:40 - Biggest challenge facing Holtzman
- 8:22 - Should Urijah Faber skip the cue at bantamweight?
- 10:38 - Hot Ones with Sean Evans
- 11:35 - What is the hottest hot sauce Holtzman has had?
- 13:20 - Prediction on outcome of UFC New Jersey
Will Scott Holtzman break into the top 15 by 2022?
This poll is closed
Here’s a look at the fight card as it stands as of Monday, July 29th, 2019, via ESPN.com:
UFC on ESPN 5 MAIN CARD | SAT AUG 3 - 2PM CDT
170 lbs - Colby Covington (14-1) vs. Robbie Lawler (28-13)
155 lbs - Clay Guida (35-18) vs. Jim Miller (30-13)
155 lbs - Joaquim Silva (11-1) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (10-2)
125 lbs - Hannah Goldy (5-0) vs. Miranda Granger (6-0)
205 lbs - Darko Stošić (13-2) vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu (6-1)
ESPN PRELIMS | 11AM CDT
170 lbs - Mickey Gall (5-2) vs. Salim Touahri (10-3)
125 lbs - Antonina Shevchenko (7-1) vs. Lucie Pudilová (8-4)
185 lbs - Gerald Meerschaert (29-11) vs. Trevin Giles (11-1)
155 lbs - Scott Holzman (12-3) vs Dong Hyun Ma (16-9)
185 lbs - Claudio Silva (13-1) vs. Cole Williams (11-1)
125 lbs - Matt Schnell (13-4) vs. Jordan Espinosa (14-5)
125 lbs - Mara Romero Borella (12-5) vs. Lauren Murphy (10-4)
If you enjoyed our interview, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.