Larkyn Dasch, newly signed 22-year old Bellator flyweight, is stepping up on short notice to take on Taekwondo expert, 20-year old Valerie Loureda at Bellator 222, and she’s ready for her turn under the big lights.
Working as a Hooter’s waitress in Michigan, Dasch has been pushing extra hard to break into a pro career and got the call to go up against a bright prospect in Loureda.
Larkyn explains how it came to be that she wound up signing her contract while working double shifts at work, as shown on her Instagram account:
The Hooter’s Crew at the Manhattan, New York franchise were happy to pose for a photo-op with the up-and-coming flyweight, when she arrived in NYC:
While this is only her second professional fight, this is far from her first barbecue. After nine fights on the amateur circuit, she’s confident in her abilities and says she has more MMA experience to draw from and she’s bringing a lot of confidence into this fight to grab the opportunity by the throat.
Dasch told MMAJunkie.com... for those wondering if she’ll be wearing the famous Hooters logo on her kit when she makes her way to the Bellator cage, don’t rule it out. “That’s still undecided,” she said. “We’re still trying to figure out what we're going to do, but it could be that way. We’ll see.”
Check out the interview above, in which we discuss her entry into the sport, her training situation, the odd circumstances that led to this fight, her anticipation of finishing her opponent via TKO, and more...
- 0:12 - What are your origins in the sport, how did you get involved with MMA?
- 0:56 - What’s been your training environment, who are you training with?
- 1:34 - How many amateur fights do you have?
- 2:19 - How can your fight experience up until now translate into the fight ahead of you?
- 3:43 - Loureda has been a waitress as well, will this be your first fight against another waitress?
- 4:43 - People make it out to be a PR stunt that you’re the Hooter’s girl, your contract signing just played out the way it did due to work circumstances?
- 5:39 - Now that the contract is signed, what happens next?
- 6:40 - Has there been a change to your fight prep?
- 7:07 - When you’re in the cage on fight night, how do you think it plays out?
- 7:36 - Do you see this TKO finish happening standing or on the ground?
- 8:03 - With a win this week, how is Larkyn Dasch going to celebrate?
You can find more about Larkyn on Instagram, facebook, pinterest, and maybe someday she’ll get back on twitter, where her personal quip states, “The first step to getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” Which she has most certainly taken to heart.
As always, if you enjoyed our interview, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.