Bellator 221 goes down on May 11th from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. Bloody Elbow has the betting odds.
The top of the billing has a champion vs. champion matchup on deck. Bellator’s lightweight champ Michael Chandler will meet the company’s featherweight king, Patricio “Pitbull” Freire.
With a moneyline of -195, Chandler is comfortably favored here to retain his title. Pitbull is currently available with an underdog tag of +180. The bookies believe this one is going the distance. ‘Fight goes to decision’ can be scooped up with a favored of -135. The betting public disagrees. Originally opening up at +135, an influx of wagers sent ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ to a minus line of -105. It’s understandable to see why the bettors made that move, considering how lethal the fighters are plus the fact that both seasoned athletes have respectfully lost in recent memory as a result of wonky leg mishaps.
In the co-main event slot will be a welterweight World Grand Prix semi-final matchup between the promotion’s former 170-pound king Douglas Lima and the 16-0 undefeated Michael Page.
The more experienced Lima is significantly favored here with a moneyline of -290. MVP opened up as an underdog for the first time in his MMA career reaching a plus mark of +260. The line-setters project that this five-round fight will not need the full twenty-five minutes to decide a winner. ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ sits with a strong minus line of -185, with a +145 comeback on ‘Fight goes to decision.’ The oddsmakers also predict that the former champ will be the one ending this early. ‘Lima wins inside distance’ can be found with a favored moneyline of 140, with ‘Not Lima inside distance’ at +100. On the other side, ‘Page wins inside distance’ clocks in as a sizable +340 underdog., with ‘Not Page inside distance’ massively favored at -510.
Also on the main card are some wild lines longer than a flight to Thailand. AJ McKee is largely favored at -300 over the returning former featherweight champ Pat Curran and his dog tag of +250. Former WWE superstar Jack Swagger, or Jack Hager, is astronomically favored at -1400 over the +925 TJ Jones. The 4-0 Ty-wan Claxton is even more favored at -1475 over the 4-1 +975 underdog James Bennett.
Bellator 221 takes place this Saturday, May 11, and will air live on DAZN at 9:00 P.M. ET. The prelims will begin at 6:30 P.M. ET.
Check out the Bellator 221 betting odds, courtesy of BestFight Odds:
For an in-depth breakdown of each Bellator 221 tilt, check out The MMA Vivisection with Bloody Elbow’s own Zane Simon, Edie Mercado, and Victor Rodriguez. Be sure to subscribe to our Bloody Elbow Presents YouTube channel to stay up to date with all of our podcast content. Stay glued to Bloody Elbow for all of your event coverage including play-by-play, results, highlights, and more! Happy hunting!
- Michael Chandler (19-4) vs. Patricio Freire (28-4): Lightweight Title
- Douglas Lima (30-7) vs. Michael Page (14-0): Welterweight World Grand Prix Semi-finals
- AJ McKee (13-0) vs. Pat Curran (23-7): Featherweight
- Jake Hager (1-0) vs. TJ Jones (1-1): Heavyweight
- Ty-wan Claxton (4-0) vs. James Bennett (4-1): Featherweight
- Adil Benjilany (5-1, 1 NC) vs. Cris Lencioni (4-2)
- Chris Gonzalez (1-0) vs. Charlie Radtke (2-1)
- Bryan Bautista (1-0) vs. Rob Fenicle (1-0)
- Adam Ward (18-11) vs. Amartuvshin Khuukhenkhuu (9-4)
- Jose Leon (Pro Debut) vs. Christian Rodriguez (Pro Debut)
- Askar Askar (9-0) vs. Taylor Moore (9-4)
- James Bochnovic (9-4) vs. Robert Morrow (28-24-1, 1 NC)
- Dave Latoria (Pro Debut) vs. Jason Belyew (0-1)
- Joey Diehl (12-9) vs. Jesse Bazzi (9-6)
- Scott Writz (2-0) vs. Josh Streacker (5-2)