After a disappointing loss in his last UFC bout, light heavyweight prospect Johnny Walker is ready to move on to a new gym for his upcoming bout against Nikita Krylov, in Brazil.
In an interview with MMA Junkie, the 27-year-old revealed to be on his way to Tristar Gym, in Montreal, Canada. Walker showed excitement to learn from head coach Firas Zahabi, and revealed a plan to be very active in the coming year, targeting to as often as the UFC allows him.
“I am doing my next camp at Tristar MMA under Firas Zahabi, so I am very excited to learn as much as possible there and get the ‘W,’” Walker said. “Then, I want to ideally fight as much as possible – every month if the UFC lets me.”
In his last bout, Johnny Walker (17-4) suffered his first ever Octagon loss, a TKO defeat at the hands of contender Corey Anderson at UFC 244. The defeat snapped a three-fight winning streak for the 27-year-old in the UFC, with knockout wins over Khalil Rountree, Justin Ledet and Misha Cirkunov.
Walker also expressed his thoughts on his matchup with Krylov, who’s coming off a defeat to Glover Teixeira at UFC Vancouver but otherwise usually has fights that end inside the distance.
“I am happy with the matchup,” Walker said. “Krylov is an exciting guy who has some nice fanbase, but I am not a guy to complain about matchups. I want to fight as much as possible against anyone and everyone. Nikita is a tough guy. He has a great chin and loves to strike. I am sure he has the style that I love to fight against. It’s going to be very fun.”
Now, Johnny Walker is scheduled to take on Nikita Krylov at UFC Fight Night 170, in Brasilia, Brazil, on March 14. So far, no official main event has been announced for the card.