The Show Money crew is Paul the economist, Jason the lawyer, and John the man who knows everyone and everything in MMA.
In today’s episode, we discuss Jason’s book, Paul’s research paper, and key business stories for the year, including: ESPN, Endeavor IPO, antitrust case, how other MMA promotions are looking & more!
For those interested in specific parts, here are the start times for each segment:
- Jason’s upcoming book on MMA and the law - 00:54
- Paul’s recently published paper on UFC fighter marginal revenue products – 19:25
- 2019 Review - UFC and ESPN – 40:30
- 2019 Review - Withdrawn Endeavor IPO – 54:00
- 2019 Review - Big year in the UFC antitrust lawsuit – 1:02:00
- 2019 Review - Other MMA promotions: Bellator, ONE, and PFL – 1:18:25
- 2019 Review - A little on boxing and PPV - 1:32:55
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.