It’s not just UFC 245 night, it’s a big boxing night at Madison Square Garden in New York.
WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford (35-0, 26 KOs) defends his title against mandatory challenger Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0-1, 17 KOs), a Lithuanian puncher who’s better known as “The Mean Machine.”
The co-main event is the real big fight, as IBF lightweight champion Richard Commey (20-2, 26 KOs) takes on rising phenom Teofimo Lopez (14-0, 11 KOs) for what is effectively the right to face Vasiliy Lomachenko in early 2020. It’s a really tough fight to call and certainly more compelling than the headliner.
Lastly, Irish Olympian Michael Conlan (12-0, 7 KOs) will look to get revenge on Vladimir Nikitin (3-0, 0 KOs), who controversially eliminated him from the 2016 Games in Rio. Conlan was famously irate and flipped off the judges after the decision was read.
Top Rank on ESPN starts at 5:45 PM ET on ESPN+, with the main card at 9 PM ET.
Results will be updated below.
Prelims (ESPN+, 5:45 pm ET)
- George Kambosos Jr def. Mickey Bey by split decision (94-95, 96-93, 97-92)
- Edgar Berlanga def. Cesar Nunez by TKO, 2:45 of round 1
- Julian Rodriguez def. Manuel Mendez by unanimous decision (79-72, 79-72, 80-71)
- Josue Vargas def. Noel Murphy by unanimous decision (98-92 x3)
Main Card (ESPN, 9:00 pm ET)
- Terence Crawford def. Egidijus Kavaliauskas by TKO, :44 of round 9
- Teofimo Lopez def. Richard Commey by TKO, 1:13 of round 2
- Michael Conlan def. Vladimir Nikitin by unanimous decision (100-90, 99-91, 98-92)