The UFC is in New York City tonight and a title (of sorts) is on the line as Jorge Masvidal takes on Nate Diaz for the UFC’s BMF belt.
The winner of Masvidal and Diaz will be granted a novelty BMF title at the end of this one. The term was coined by Diaz and later used often by he and his opponent before the UFC co-opted the term (and then began marketing it).
Diaz comes to this fight after a win over Anthony Pettis at UFC 241 in August. Masvidal made it to Madison Square Garden after breaking the internet with his lightning fast KO over Ben Askren at UFC 239 in July.
Joke belts aside, the winner of this one will likely find themselves knocking on the door of a title shot in the welterweight division.
The rest of the PPV card promises some exciting match-ups featuring well known names. The co-main is a middleweight bout between Kelvin Gastelum (who needed help on the scales) and Darren TIll (who needed luck at border security). Also on the PPV is a welterweight clash between Stephen Thompson and Vincente Luque, a heavyweight showdown between Derrick Lewis and Blagoy Ivanov and a lightweight fight pitting Kevin Lee against Gregor Gillespie.
The prelim card is headlined by Corey Anderson and the always entertaining Johnny Walker; that fight is in the light heavyweight division. Rounding out the prelims is Shane Burgos vs. Makwan Amirkhani (featherweight), Brad Tavares vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (middleweight), and Andrei Arlovksi vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (heavyweight).
The early prelims offer three fights tonight. Those are Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu (featherweight), Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre (welterweight), and Jennifer Maia vs. Kaitlyn Chookagian (catchweight after Maia missed weight).
Check out all the ways you can watch the action below:
- Better act quick if you want tickets for this one. You can snap up remaining tickets at MSG here.
- For U.S. residents you should know the drill by now, everything is on ESPN. The UFC 244 pay-per-view is exclusively available for purchase on the streaming service ESPN+ (for $59.99) . The PPV begins at 10:00PM ET/7:00PM PT.
- For international viewers the PPV card can be purchased online through UFC.tv or UFC Fight Pass.
- The early prelim card begins at 6:30PM ET/3:30PM PT. For U.S. residents, this content is available on ESPN+. For the rest of the world it is available on Fight Pass.
- The prelims will air on ESPN2 in the US (TSN 5 in Canada), beginning at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT.
- TV streaming services Apple TV, LG Smart Apps, Amazon FireTV, and Samsung Apps offer the UFC.TV app, will give you access to UFC.TV where you can order the PPV (if you are not in the U.S.).
- Outside the U.S. the PPV is also available for purchase through Xbox Live and PlayStation Events (through their dedicated gaming consoles).
- Non U.S. residents with Android or Apple devices can watch the UFC 244 PPV on apps available at the Google Play and iTunes stores (purchase of the PPV is required).
- If you feel like going out, you can watch UFC 244 at the following bars and/or restaurants. If you do go out, don’t forget to tweet us picture @BloodyElbow of you and your crew enjoying the show!