One of the biggest and most compelling events in Bellator MMA history takes place tonight (Saturday, September 29th) from the SAP Center in San Jose, California. Bellator 206 is headlined by a champ vs. champ showdown that is absolutely fantastic, as middleweight king Gegard Mousasi defends his title against welterweight champion Rory MacDonald.
The “legends” division serves as the co-main event, with rivals Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Wanderlei Silva competing for a fourth time. Wanderlei won the first two fights in PRIDE, Rampage won by KO in the UFC, now they’re under the Bellator banner.
Continuing through the main card is a rubber match that doubles as a quarterfinal matchup for Bellator’s welterweight tournament, as former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov square off once again. Koreshkov won by decision in the first matchup, then Lima KO’d Koreshkov in the rematch. The stakes here are simply to advance to the semifinals, moving one step closer to the Bellator title and the $1 million prize at the end of the road.
Rounding out this stacked main card lineup is wrestling standout and heavily hyped MMA prospect Aaron Pico against recent bantamweight title challenger Leandro Higo, with the fight taking place at featherweight. Keri Melendez, wife of ex-Strikeforce champ and UFC veteran Gilbert Melendez, battles the debuting Dakota Zimmerman, while knockout artist Gaston Bolanos faces off vs. Ysidro Gutierrez. If you’ve not seen Bolanos before, you better check this out.
Here are the basic details on the entire event, how you can watch the card, where you can catch a live stream, and more.
- The Bellator 206 preliminary card streams online starting at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT through DAZN and the Bellator.com live video player.
- Main card action kicks off at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT exclusively on DAZN (pronounced Da-Zone). This streaming service is available in the following countries: United States, Canada, Italy, Japan, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. For US viewers, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial right now.
- Viewers in the United Kingdom can catch the Bellator 206 main card live at 3 AM local time on Channel 5.
- If you don’t want to stream DAZN online, you can broadcast DAZN on your TV. Options include Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, LG Smart TV, Samsung TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox. Review the instructions here.
- Can’t stream DAZN on your computer or on television? These are the options for streaming DAZN on Android Tablets and Phones, the Amazon Fire Tablet, and the Apple iPhone and iPad.
- Okay, I admit this is a problem with streaming-only services. Maybe Dave and Busters can work something out.