clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

UFC on FOX 30 results: Jedrzejczyk beats Torres, Hernandez gets past Aubin-Mercier

Joanna Jedrzejczyk picked up a unanimous decision over Tecia Torres on the UFC on FOX 30 main card.

MMA: UFC Fight Night-Calgary-Hernandez vs Aubin Mercier Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports

The UFC on FOX 30 main event is underway, and the promotion’s former strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk won a unanimous decision over the Tecia Torres, ranked #5.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk def. Tecia Torres by unanimous decision (30-27 x3): Strawweight

Torres was able to shove the former champ up against the fence, and work for takedowns, but she did eat quite a few knees to the body for her troubles. Jedrzejczyk was able to reverse the clinch position and land some evil elbows and some more of those body knees to finish up the round strong.

The second round saw Torres press forward, but wasn’t exactly throwing a ton of volume. JJ was able to land some strikes here and there, but gave up some more time up against the fence. Back in open space, JJ racked up a bit of volume, but a late flurry from Torres seemed to wobble the former champ at the end of the round. The final frame saw more volume from JJ, and more volume out of Torres. JJ seemed to land the better shots across the round, using her reach to pick off her opponent from the outside. Torres forced JJ up against the cage down the stretch, but was unable to mount any meaningful offense.

Alexander Hernandez def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2): Lightweight

Before that, Alexander Hernandez out-grappled Canada’s Olivier Aubin-Mercier to pick up the unanimous decision victory and move to 10-1 in his career. Hernandez did a sound job of remaining in open space to start the bout, as OAM looked to clinch up, and then popped OAM with some hard punches before initiating a clinch of his own. Hernandez would land some solid shots in between the clinch exchanges, while OAM was more grappling focused., but then OAM gave up a takedown in the final 10 seconds of the opening round, but exploded right back up to his feet before the bell.

Hernandez instantly scored a takedown to open up the second round, but again OAM refused to concede the position and stood back up. Off of a bad shot, OAM sprawled and then went for a rolling Kimora, which he didn’t get, but did use to put Hernandez on his back. When Hernandez did scramble his way into top position, a somewhat quick referee standup put the fight back on the feet. The standup didn’t mean much as Hernandez was able to control OAM up against the fence until the bell sounded.

An accidental cup strike to OAM caused a pause in the action as soon as the final round begun. Hernandez went right back to work when the fight resumed, giving OAM zero space. OAM gave up the takedown up against the fence, and Hernandez worked from inside of the full guard, until the referee stood them up again. OAM was able to grind his way to a takedown, but Hernandez hit a sweet transition to take the back for the rest of the round.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Bloody Elbow Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of all your MMA and UFC news from Bloody Elbow