Remember how awesome the first fight between Robert Whittaker and Yoel Romero was? If you are reading this after watching UFC 225, the answer is probably no, as it would be were we to ask you to recall any other event prior to Whittaker vs Romero 2. These two bring the best out of one another, and this was every bit the rematch we were all hoping for, and then some. And then some more.
This week on Heavy Hands, we are absurdly excited to talk to you about it, and the rest of the weekend’s UFC card. Topics include:
- Are there any middleweights in the world who can give Robert Whittaker more of a test than that? (we doubt it)
- The unfolding mystery of Yoel Romero, and what a future at light heavyweight could hold for the Vicar of Violence
- Colby Covington’s obnoxious apotheosis
- Holly Holm, a damn professional, and Megan Anderson’s terrible takedown defense
- CM Punk, and a reality check for 90% of MMA fans, or 99% of dudes in general who don’t really care about fighting but still think they must be pretty good at it
- plus, Tai Tuivasa, Curtis Blaydes, Mirsad Bektic, and some words on the war between Claudia Gadelha and Carla Esparza
To download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to plenty of bonus content. If a preview of Blaydes vs Overeem, Lamas vs Bektic, and Benavidez vs Pettis sounds interesting, you might enjoy our latest bonus episode. You will.