Just a few more weeks, folks. Just a couple more events until UFC 225 is finally upon us. Until then, we’re wading our way through a spate of dangerously top-heavy cards. The good news is, they’ve been surprisingly fulfilling so far, for the dozen or so people watching, and that means there is always plenty to talk about after the fact. Topics for this week’s episode include:
- Darren Till’s rapid rise to relevance, and the questions he still needs to answer
- An interesting clash between two exciting pseudo-prospects in Makwan Amirkhani (Mr Finland vs Mr Mississippi, anyone?)
- Kamaru Usman’s frustrating victory over Demian Maia at UFC Chile
- Tatiana Suarez’s dominant performance in the co-main event
- Dominick Reyes: official badass, now ready for a ranked opponent
- Enrique Barzola: underappreciated badass, now 5-1 in the UFC
To download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to loads of bonus content. Check out episode #5 of The Underdogs, wherein Phil Mackenzie joins Connor to celebrate the career of Mike “Quicksand” Pyle, who debuted in 1999, and retired just last month. For a preview, you can also listen to episode one of The Underdogs in its entirety, for free, right here.