In what has been possibly the strangest and most chaotic last minute build up to a UFC show, UFC 223 has finally arrived. The match-ups and bout orders have been thrown through a loop, but this is what we’re left with (at this time of writing).
Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the UFC lightweight title tonight and after many twists and turns his opponent will be not Tony Ferguson, Max Holloway, Anthony Pettis, or Paul Felder. Instead, he will compete against Raging Al Iaquinta. Will Nurmagomedov steam-roll his late replacement or does Iaquinta pull off an incredible upset in his home state?
In the co-main event UFC strawweight champion Rose Namajunas will defend her belt for the very first time when she faces former champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk. The pair last met at UFC 217, held at Madison Square Garden, with Thug Rose stunning the MMA world with a vicious win via strikes. Will Namajunas prove that was no fluke or will Jedrzejczyk reclaim her crown as queen of the 115 lbs division?
Also on the PPV is an intriguing featherweight clash between Renato Moicano and Calvin Kattar. Before that hot prospect Zabit Magomedsharipov takes on Kyle Bochniak, also at featherweight, and Joe Lauzon faces Chris Gruetzemacher at lightweight.
The FS1 Prelims card begins at 8PM ET. That’s headlined by Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig in the women’s strawweight division. Also on the prelims, there’s Bec Rawlings vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith (flyweight), Evan Dunham vs Olivier Aubin-Mercier (lightweight) and Devin Clark vs. Mike Rodriguez (light heavyweight division).
The chaos of the last few days ravaged this event so badly that the entire UFC Fight Pass Early Prelims portion of the event has been scratched.
See below for all the ways you can watch these fights:
- If you’re in Brooklyn and wanting to watch the fights up-close, there are tickets still available on TicketMaster (not many, though).
- The UFC 223 pay-per-view card can be purchased online through UFC.tv. It begins at 10:00PM ET/7:00PM PT. The PPV can also be purchased through UFC Fight Pass.
- Amazon Prime is offering live streaming of a UFC event. That is available here.
- The pay-per-view is also available for purchase on the UFC's official YouTube channel.
- The FS1 prelim portion of the card is also available on the FOX Sports GO digital streaming service.
- The prelims will air on FOX Sports 1 in the US, beginning at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT.
- Almost every major cable or satellite provider offers the PPV in either standard or high definitions. A list of US carriers is available here.
- TV streaming services Apple TV, LG Smart Apps, Amazon FireTV, and Samsung Apps offer the UFC.TV app, will give you access to UFC.TV where you can order the PPV.
- The PPV is also available for purchase using UFC.TV via Xbox Live and PlayStation Events (through their dedicated gaming consoles).
- Those with Android or Apple devices can watch the UFC 223 PPV on apps available at the Google Play and iTunes stores.
- If you feel like going out, you can watch UFC 223 at the following bars and/or restaurants. If you do go out, don’t forget to tweet us picture @BloodyElbow of you and your crew enjoying the show!