This week on Heavy Hands, we’re drowning in lightweights. Pat, at least, doesn’t seem to mind. Our topics include:
- Justin Gaethje’s brawling style, and whether it needs to change
- What allows Poirier to hang in the pocket with the likes of Gaethje and Alvarez? And can he beat Khabib?
- Israel Adesanya’s road to contention--longer than we’d hoped?
- Edson Barboza vs Kevin Lee
- Is Frankie Edgar returning too soon from his first knockout loss, or does he simply have Cub Swanson’s number?
- Do-or-die time for Aljamain Sterling, and the game of his 15-0 opponent, Brett Johns
And, as always, more topics besides. More than necessary, really. The episodes are getting kinda long, aren’t they?
Anyhow, to download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to loads of bonus content. Check out episode #5 of The Underdogs, wherein Phil Mackenzie joins Connor to celebrate the career of Mike “Quicksand” Pyle, who debuted in 1999, and retired just last month. For a preview, you can also listen to episode one of The Underdogs in its entirety, for free, right here.